Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum - View Single Post - The Definitive Spacer/Wheel Bearing Poll
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 04:29 PM
HueyPilotVN
Points: 40,956, Level: 100 Points: 40,956, Level: 100 Points: 40,956, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 19% Activity: 19% Activity: 19%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2006
Trim Package: Sport
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Current Mileage: HueyPilotVN
I think that anytime you change the relationship of the centerline of the bearing and the centerline of the wheel you increase the side load on the bearings. Having said that I run 1 1/2 inch spacers and the biggest tires that I can with a 2 inch lift. As was said on here already, if you run larger tires you also change the load on the entire drivetrain. In my opinion it just means that you have to make sure that you maintain your vehicle, keep the bearings well lubed, (especially if you cross water), watch for play or slop in the bearing preload, and make sure that your spacers are tight as well as your lug nuts. Not breaking down is usually about good maintenance and careful driving.

2007 Jeep Green Limited 4.7 Flex Fuel, RR 2.5" 4 inch Superlift coils on rear, 1.5" Spacers, Bridgestone 265/70/17, K&N CAI, Flowmaster, Diamond Plate Locking Trunk, Blue Ox Baseplate w/D-rings, "Get Lost 4X4" Front Bumper, T-Max 9000 winch, "Get Lost rear tire carrier, 30 gal second gas tank.
Second 2007 Jeep Green Limited Leather HEMI QDII VES Uconnect Flowmaster OEM Skids Tow Package

Maybe the two will meet up soon edit: they did , I now have 2,now gave 1 away...and got it back again.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome