Jeep Commander Forum banner

Annual 2010 Moab Jeep Trip

5K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  cico7 
#1 · (Edited)
Here's a few shots from our trip to Moab back in April. We did Behind the Rocks, Metal Masher and Moab Rim. Already can't wait until next year!

The first part of the video shows us going up Guardian Hill on Behind the Rocks. When the XK is climbing, the drivetrain is twisting just enough for the exhaust pipe to rub the front driveshaft - that is the annoying tone you hear. It's part of the 4" Superlift kit install - if you don't dimple the exhaust enough, you can get interference with the already-tight clearance between the headpipe and driveshaft. I'd suggest turning down the volume as there's not much to hear anyway. Sorry for the annoying audio!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7uAH5RXvZo&feature=channel

My brother descending into the Upchuck gulley.

Scott on Upchuck. The XK made this no problem but I got up it before Scott could get a shot. But yes, it happened :)

Starting down Z-Turn on Moab Rim.

Almost down Z-Turn.

My brother dropping off Devils Crack on Moab Rim.

Xk is next..

Almost down, no scraping.

And last was Matt in his bronco. He's currently doing a wheelstand and wetting himself. He had a cruddy spotter.

I'll add more when I get my bro's pics.

See less See more
#3 ·
Awesome. Behind the Rocks is a great trail.

#4 ·
I thought that trail was a blast! I don't have any pictures of that trail yet, my brother took the shots. He should also be posting some video pretty soon.

#7 ·
I would really like to do a Camp Commander at Moab sometime in the future.

#10 ·
i agree A49erfan be an awesome trip all the xk's together in moab be a cool sight!!!!

#12 ·
Yep - my bro just finished it last night finally. There's not a ton of Commander footage, but you can get a good idea of how fun Behind the Rocks trail can be. I posted the video link in my first post.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.