Jeep Commander Forum banner

Pics and Videos of Recent Colorado Trip

6K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  Admin 
#1 ·
Last weekend, myself, KMAX, Airdog and KMAX's brother hit the trails in our Jeeps. We all took the Saints John Trail from Montezuma, CO and drove up to the summit. After lunch and some good conversation, KMAX and his brother returned the way we came. Airdog and I continued on for another couple of hours and ended up following the North Fork trail out to Breckenridge. Thanks for the great company, guys. It was nice to put faces and real names to the screen names. Please post your pictures here as well for all to see. I will edit a bunch of video in the coming days and post it as well!

After our first climb through the treeline

Small break on our way to second large climb

Made the summit!

Airdog and I continued on

Notice the trail we just came from along the spine of the mountain!

Steep hill we had just descended

See less See more
#2 ·
Along this trip I did my version of the three wheel motion!

#3 ·
Nice pics! Looks like you guys had fun!

#4 ·
I continued on my way to Estes Park and decided to hit a trail that I heard of and had been on before with one of my old Wranglers. Pierson Park Road also known as County Forest route 119 was my target. There are many detours around the bad parts but without a map I went right through the gut including a very technical part where I almost rolled my XK. Lesson learned (again) - never go it alone and never trust the trail rating. Sorry, no pics of the near roll, I was busy changing my pants.........

#5 ·
looks like a blast!!!!!!!!! love your set up.

#6 ·
Nice pics. BEAUTIFUL country. Really looks like a blast.

#8 ·
#9 ·
Well folks, here is the first of a string of videos coming. They should be easier now that I figured out the editing software. I purchased a GoPro HD Motorsports camera and mounted it on the top of my XK to capture the trails. Here is some clips put together of a ride we did on Saints John Road near Breckenridge, CO. Hope you like it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E943XlrHfYM

#10 ·
Awsome pics and videos!

#12 ·
OnAtrail - that video turned out great! It shows how precarious that ridge trail is. I wish we could have gone on into Breckenridge with you guys, I think we may have missed the coolest part of the entire trail! Your choice of music was perfect, I was just listening to Meddle yesterday. Did you ever get a chance to get to Red Cone that following Wednesday like you were going to try to do?

#13 ·
We are drooling at the pics! We were in Breckenridge this summer. Here is a pic (it was actually when we went north to estes park) but we spent the time on several trails around the Breck area. It would have been awesome to go with folks that knew the area as we were always out solo.

- Chris

Attachments

#14 ·
#15 ·
Finally downloading a couple of my pics from that trip - it was a beautiful, vast place.

Looking up the valley from the 'town' of Saints John

The view looking north from our first stopping point, right at timberline

The crew enjoying refreshments

My brother (in the lead GC), Airdog, and OnATrail making the final switchbacked climb to the General Teller Mine up at the summit.

Airdog and OnATrail continued on to Breckenridge as documented in the previous videos

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.