I was apprehensive about doing this for awhile between the stories of the coils giving problems, and the 24mm strut bolt. Not to mention I had no access to the tools or general know-how on doing this.
Thankfully I have some buddies big time into Jeeps (older ones, but nonetheless).
Got the lift direct from RC as I discovered the warranty would be void if it were bought used. I also got their shocks (part 22011 - required a washer or two most everywhere, but looks good so far!).
The rear was the EASY part. Just jacked her up, threw some jackstands down, unbolted the parts we needed to (including the upper control arm on the driver side), used a jack for some leverage, along with some encouragement from our bodies to push down on the axle, and got the coils in without a problem.
The front though, oh man. It was going along pretty smoothly, except for a few small things, and one big thing which led to major headache. Had all the front suspension hardware pretty much out, except for the strut bolt... hadn't read about issues with that thing at all, or at least didn't remember. We tried spinning it a bit (stupid safety lock), sprayed it with a lot of Sprayway penetrant my buddy got from Cummins that works amazingly on everything else, and took a sledge to it... NOTHING. Gave up and took the alternate approach of taking out the UCA's and just swinging the strut out. This almost worked on the passenger side, except there was no way to get it back in without a strut compressor (got one from Autozone). The driver side just required a good hard kick and it got in by itself when we did the same thing over there. Accessing the UCA bolts on the driver side was a HUGE pain too... but, hours later, here we are!
And man, I thought the HIDs un-adjusted before were bad - now with the lift they're crazy. I need to adjust these ASAP. As you can see, I'm lighting up every sign in sight.