Rausch Creek - Completely Stock except ARMOR - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Picture / Media Post If you have pictures of your Jeep Commander or movies involving the Jeep Commander, post them here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-21-2008, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
Points: 1,978, Level: 26 Points: 1,978, Level: 26 Points: 1,978, Level: 26
Level up: 78% Level up: 78% Level up: 78%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Rausch Creek - Completely Stock except ARMOR

I went out with NoVA Jeepers for their Camp Heep IV event that was held with Off Camber Crawlers and Maryland Creepers at Rausch Creek Offroad Park, Rausch Creek, PA. The pictures I am linking below are of our trip. At the end, you'll see I bent my "unbendable" Rocky Road Superslider. I've already been in contact with Glenn at Rocky Road and I'll be sending it back tomorrow for the never bend warrantee.

The trip was blast, and of course, everybody's eyes pop out of their socket and their jaws drop to the ground when they see the XK offroad. It's in its element, and we had a blast. Our Commander is completely stock with some armor added to it. The tires are 46k mile old Forteras, and did quite well for stockers. Of course, only Green trails were ran, and we did have a problem with a stump getting in the way while trying to put the other side on a rock for clearance. Out of the entire day, we were strapped once, and the spotter admitted that it was his fault for us having to be strapped.

Enjoy!
http://s381.photobucket.com/albums/o...IV%20-%202008/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-21-2008, 08:29 PM
Points: 15,238, Level: 79 Points: 15,238, Level: 79 Points: 15,238, Level: 79

Great pics, I hope we can get a good turnout of people in OCT when we plan on going up for a run at Rausch Creek. You should back out with us. Keep an eye on this thread https://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5579

Bright Silver 4.7L 2.25 RR/OME lift, Kumho KL71 265/70/17, Flashpaq, Lights, rack, intake, Super44, mopar skids, 4x belly guard, rear fog lights, MM9500 winch, GetLost4x4 winch mount

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HILLBILLY DELUXE
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-21-2008, 09:56 PM
Points: 11,210, Level: 69 Points: 11,210, Level: 69 Points: 11,210, Level: 69
Level up: 90% Level up: 90% Level up: 90%

Looks like a good time. Glad to hear that RR is taking care of you. Did that pontiac (or saturn?) get stuck on that rock?

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 12:44 AM
Points: 2,501, Level: 30 Points: 2,501, Level: 30 Points: 2,501, Level: 30
Level up: 34% Level up: 34% Level up: 34%

Thanks for sharing. Looks like you were have fun out there.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 05:54 AM
Points: 848, Level: 15 Points: 848, Level: 15 Points: 848, Level: 15
Level up: 48% Level up: 48% Level up: 48%

rough terrain + jeep = absolute adventure and fun

Nice pics!
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 09:30 AM
Points: 9,675, Level: 66 Points: 9,675, Level: 66 Points: 9,675, Level: 66
Level up: 7% Level up: 7% Level up: 7%

Sweet! This picture of yours is one of my favs.
[IMG][/IMG]
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 10:00 AM
Points: 15,918, Level: 81 Points: 15,918, Level: 81 Points: 15,918, Level: 81
Level up: 14% Level up: 14% Level up: 14%

how did you rip off your fender flare.

i was hoping to see more pictures of you crawling through boulders. cool pictures

what all did you damage?
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 10:04 AM
Points: 15,918, Level: 81 Points: 15,918, Level: 81 Points: 15,918, Level: 81
Level up: 14% Level up: 14% Level up: 14%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar
The pictures I am linking below are of our trip. At the end, you'll see I bent my "unbendable" Rocky Road Superslider. I've already been in contact with Glenn at Rocky Road and I'll be sending it back tomorrow for the never bend warrantee.
anything can bend. did they want to replace it for free?
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 10:04 AM
Points: 63,765, Level: 100 Points: 63,765, Level: 100 Points: 63,765, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%

Send a message via Yahoo to a49erFan
Nice pictures, was that your inner wheel well on your back seat?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 XK, Steel Armadillo Front Bumper w/Warn Powermate winch, Rear Bumper w/tire carrier & Super Sliders, Rhino Rack Roof Rack and Foxwing Awning, KC Lights on Steel Armadillo Light Bar, 4xGuard Rear Differential Cover, Steel Armadillo Plates.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
Points: 1,978, Level: 26 Points: 1,978, Level: 26 Points: 1,978, Level: 26

Yes, that was the inner wheel well in the back seat along with the fender flare. I had stepped the driver's tire up on a rock and didn't see the stump on the other side. With the low clearance (stock height minus armor weight), I couldn't straddle the rock like everyone else in their TJs. The stump caught the bottom of the bumper (air dam?) and shoved it into the tire, the tire then went to rip off the bumper and everything attached. Luckily, we were able to salvage the bumper from too much damage and only had to reattach the fender flare/inner wheel well. It just so happened that when we went to back out of the trouble, another part of the stump caught the inside of the bumper and wanted to rip it the other way. Lose lose situation.

I apologize for not having more pictures of the XK in action, but the wife was riding most of the time and I haven't seen anybody in our group post pictures. I don't think they got any of the XK, and we were lucky to get the few we can.

Rocky Road said they would send me a new Superslider after returning this one to them. The clip from their e-mail back to me: "No problem. Just return it, or bring it in, and we will send out a new replacement for you." The only problem right now is figuring out how to send it back. UPS wants it in a box, but they can make a box for it. The downside, it'll cost about $40 more to send it than it did for RR to send both of them to me shrink wrapped. At the size of the package, UPS charge based on dimensions, not weight I'll have to see what Fed Ex can do, or suck it up and spend the $120+ to send it back to Utah from Virginia.

Carnage: some paint on the bottom of the fender flare rubbed off, and the rock slider was bent. The fender flare is snapped back in now, but not as secure as it was. Those plastic rivets and clips are mighty expensive ($6 apiece), and I still don't know the best way of installing the rivets.

The Pontiac Solstice that has the rock under it, well, we left before it left. Our guess is that the rock was put there after the car was parked. A cruel joke indeed, but why is a Solstice and a Mini Cooper in the parking lot?

I think I have answered everyones questions and responded to about everyone in this post. If I missed something, let me know.

Karl's formula for the fun hits the nail on the head. However, your heart pounds after hearing the crunch of the bumper and clips popping, and it pounds for a good hour or so.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Picture / Media Post

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in