Wow! What a difference. Looks like you had a good starting point. She looks good now and looked good then!
She was in pretty good shape when I got her but I had my share of gremlins to deal with over the first year of ownership;
Had to replace my radiator cap and battery within the first 6 weeks of ownership.
The battery just completely died on me, without any warning or prior issues (while out in the woods no less). This may be classified as routine maintenance, but, it's certainly not something I would have expected to do within the first 6 weeks of buying a new "used" vehicle. The radiator cap wasn't sealing properly and would leak coolant when hot, I discovered this problem after about 3 weeks of ownership
by finding very small puddles of coolant on the ground after being parked a couple of hours after driving. The coolant was almost clear, so, it took me a few days to figure out, that it was actually coolant I was looking at. I guess I still had in the recesses of my mind, that anti-freeze/coolant is green, LOL. What can I say, I'm old school.
After about 2 months of ownership, I had to replace the actuator motor on the Transfer case after getting the dreaded "service 4WD System" warning while trying to shift into 4-LOW which I was unable to do. That was about a $780 repair, when you add in the initial diagnostic trouble-shooting charge of $120.00. I found out after the fact, that my vehicle did not have the P73 campaign (reprogramming the FDCM) done yet, which, as it turns out, was the fix for this issue. I submitted a claim for reimbursement to Chrysler and was paid in full within 2 weeks - there is a thread about how to submit the claim for reimbursement to Chrysler here:
The radio display for the back-up camera video, would not display usable video from the back-up camera while backing up. When I first bought my Commander it worked fine, but within a couple of days, my radio display would no longer show usable back-up camera video, it would display it extremely dimly, so dim that the radio display almost looked completely black, as if it wasn't working at all. The radio display itself, for radio related functions, worked just fine. When I first discovered this, it was an intermittent problem. Sometimes it would display back-up camera video - and sometimes it would not. As time wore on, the problem became more and more frequent to the point where it almost never worked - and when it did decide to work properly and display usable video, it would be for very brief periods of time. First, I replaced the back-up camera. This was the cheaper repair of the two repair options I had (replacing the radio was the other), and of course, it didn't solve the issue. Eventually I had to replace the entire radio - that solved the problem. A rebuilt/reconditioned MyGIG radio from the dealership (which is all you can get now - they no longer sell them brand new) is still almost $1000.00 by itself - 900 and change as I recall.
The Sirius Satellite radio did not work. Initially, I thought this was just because I didn't have an active subscription that was paid for. However, after I called SiriusXM, gave them my radio information, enrolled and paid for service, I found out that the Satellite radio was actually not working. I couldn't acquire a satellite signal after numerous attempts. The Jeep dealership found after troubleshooting, that the cable running from the satellite radio, to the satellite radio antenna - which is routed up through the headliner to the satellite antenna on the roof - had a break in it. The Jeep dealership also said that they found no evidence that anyone had ever removed, or tampered with the headliner before. So, explain to me how the hell that happened? I had to replace the satellite radio cable & satellite radio antenna, because you can not buy one component without the other. This was another $1000.00 repair job - plus another $120.00 for the initial troubleshooting. Most of that bill was for labor. The parts themselves, were fairly cheap.
Back-up/park assist sensor kept shorting out giving me the indication that the park assist sensor was disabled. I'd push the button to turn it on again and it would stay on for a minute or so - then it would short out and disable itself again. Long story short, I had to replace the back-up/park assist sensor. This is the one problem that I know developed after I bought the vehicle.
I didn't experience any problems at all with the park assist/back-up sensor until I had it for about 6 months.
Once I had all these issues fixed to where everything was working properly, then I was finally able to focus on maintenance, and eventually upgrades.
So, it was a long road and quite a bit of $$$ to get here - and I'm still not done.