Jeep Commander Forum banner

Introduction and Newbie!

4K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  a49erFan 
#1 ·
Hi all,
I joined this site a long time ago...forgot about it, and then found it again. I've been looking for mods for my Commander now that Chrysler is offering me a generous amount of cash for a lease buyout. I wanted a new Wrangler, but decided that my Commander is just as good as a beach vehicle as it needs to be plus, I can probably fit more coolers of frosty beverages in the back along with my fishing tackle!

If any members are in NC, let me know, would love to go light-wheeling sometime.....once I get a rear tow hook and front tow hooks installed :)

Brian

#2 ·
Hi Brian! Welcome aboard.

#3 ·
Welcome to the forum, post pics.

I noticed alot of newbies and new Commander owners recently, whats going on over there in US! is the commander so cheap or what?

#4 ·
Welcome and glad you found us again!!!

#5 ·
Hi Brian. Welcome to the forum. I know this may be a stupid question, but are you a GWAR fan? Or are you a member of GWAR? Heck, is this getting too OT? He's new... I don't know these things.

:)

#7 ·
@cico7 - Yah I'll have to think about that camping trip. Been meaning to go this year....and I need to do a little exercise of my Commander....I swear it's been taunting me to hop curbs at the mall because it hasn't seen any action since last winter (my avatar pic) in Illinois.

@Morgan - Gwar has always intrigued me... my login has just stuck with me from my Beavis and Butthead days hehe huhuhuh.

@ahmed - Gonna post pics soon!

#9 ·
Very nice!!! I tried to see the "flex" photo, but it ask to log in...

#11 ·
welcome back to the forum brian. thanks for posting pics.

#12 ·
#13 ·
Morgan said:
Hi Brian. Welcome to the forum. I know this may be a stupid question, but are you a GWAR fan? Or are you a member of GWAR? Heck, is this getting too OT? He's new... I don't know these things.

:)

LOL GWAR

I saw them live a couple times!

#15 ·
Oh, they are insane! WAY OVERBOARD!

#16 ·
Welcome Brian. Glad you stoped in, don't wait so long between visits this time.

#18 ·
Almost New Commander owner

Hello all, Love the forum been lurking for a few weeks doing some research on the commanders. I am going out this weekend to buy a used 06 or 07 commander limited and just wanted to know if there is anything in particular that I should look for in a used commander. I have never owned a jeep but have a 1978 international Scout II and a 76 K-5 Blazer which are my rompers, the commander is for my family instead of a Mini-van. I live in Phoenix, AZ and have 3 kids 8,4,2 and another one due in Feb. 09. Have read a lot of posts and look forward to owning my Commander and getting to know everyone more.:) :)

#19 ·
azdevildog - Are you still in the Corps? I just retired 30 Jun. You're going to love the XK. You should be able to get a good price on a used 06 or 07. No complaints here.

#20 ·
CrzCajun said:
azdevildog - Are you still in the Corps? I just retired 30 Jun. You're going to love the XK. You should be able to get a good price on a used 06 or 07. No complaints here.
I got out in 1994, did a 10 year stint and wife (now ex) wanted me out so I would stop deploying. Should have stayed in and I to would have been retiring and living the good life.

Where in Northern Va. you live? I was born and raised in Richmond and also lived in Arlington for couple years after the corps then moved out here to Phoenix, AZ. Have not been back there since 1995.

I can not wait to pick out my XK, I have been waiting and waiting and the prices are dirt cheap right now. Saw an 06 limited fully loaded 4X4 sell for $14, 500 so that is what I am shooting for or lower if I can get it.

#21 ·
azdevildog said:
I got out in 1994, did a 10 year stint and wife (now ex) wanted me out so I would stop deploying. Should have stayed in and I to would have been retiring and living the good life.

Where in Northern Va. you live? I was born and raised in Richmond and also lived in Arlington for couple years after the corps then moved out here to Phoenix, AZ. Have not been back there since 1995.

I can not wait to pick out my XK, I have been waiting and waiting and the prices are dirt cheap right now. Saw an 06 limited fully loaded 4X4 sell for $14, 500 so that is what I am shooting for or lower if I can get it.
I'm in Woodbridge. Also lived in Alexandria and Fredericksburg. Been in Va for a little over 5 1/2 years.

What engine is in the 06 limited? 4.7 or 5.7?

#23 ·
Azdevildog,
Welcome. We have several members in the Phoenix area. We did a trail ride up in Sedona a few weeks ago and a49erfan usually goes out about once a month.

#24 ·
I was looking at the pictures and the thread on your trip, too bad I did not have my commander looked like you guys had a lot of fun. I have beat that trail up a few times in my Scout II and have always found it lots of fun. I am planning on taking my Commander off-road some not sure how much yet, as I posted earlier my Scout and Blazer are my rompers and are built to just beat the crap out of them without the wife complaining too much.
Thanks for the warm welcome, will post again with pics of my new to me commander when I take delivery this weekend if I can find the one I want.

#25 ·
Welcome azdevildog, we do alot of easy trails as well so as not to damage the expensive XK's. You are always welcome to join us.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.