Updated Smartphone Feedback Thread - Page 2 - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
JeepCommander.com Site Issues & Website Help Please post here any site-related issues/problems (no vehicle related questions).

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-07-2017, 08:53 AM Thread Starter
Administrator
Points: 52,865, Level: 100 Points: 52,865, Level: 100 Points: 52,865, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2006
Trim Package: Sport
Power-Train: 5.7L V-8 Hemi
2WD
If 4WD - system: QT-I
Garage
Bit of a bad news, maybe future good news sort of thing.

First the bad news. Your screenshots from Tapatalk? Nothing I can do about that. We have no way of impacting that app, and Tapatalk does not do "customization". The whole app's goal is to make the experience of moving from one forum to another through their platform the same, so they don't grant requests for special set ups for certain forums.

Silver lining is that our own Mobile View might be able to add this, and just having that info displayed in threads is a lot of a smaller task then recreating the profile fields page in the User CP. Might be able to cheat the list for something this small, but won't know till I talk to a tech about it. Might not be as easy as I think. Will find out and let you know.

Kevin

If you need Admin support please post here:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-07-2017, 03:44 PM
Points: 3,844, Level: 39 Points: 3,844, Level: 39 Points: 3,844, Level: 39
Level up: 30% Level up: 30% Level up: 30%

Model year: 2010
Trim Package: Limited
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Current Mileage: 99,000
Garage
Lightbulb Mobile

I hope that anyone using their mobile device IS NOT DOING IT WHILE DRIVING. Whatever it is can wait till you stop or get home.

My 2 cents

Swanny
Big Blue and BadJuju like this.
post #13 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-07-2017, 06:29 PM
Points: 2,778, Level: 32 Points: 2,778, Level: 32 Points: 2,778, Level: 32
Level up: 19% Level up: 19% Level up: 19%
Activity: 33% Activity: 33% Activity: 33%

Model year: 2010
Power-Train: 3.7L V-6
4WD
Current Mileage: 100k
This is the mobile web view

Last edited by Legofan; 12-07-2017 at 06:32 PM.

post #14 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-07-2017, 07:21 PM
Super Moderator
Points: 21,450, Level: 92 Points: 21,450, Level: 92 Points: 21,450, Level: 92
Level up: 10% Level up: 10% Level up: 10%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Model year: 2008
Power-Train: 4.7L V-8
4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-II
Current Mileage: 102,100
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
Bit of a bad news, maybe future good news sort of thing.

First the bad news. Your screenshots from Tapatalk? Nothing I can do about that. We have no way of impacting that app, and Tapatalk does not do "customization". The whole app's goal is to make the experience of moving from one forum to another through their platform the same, so they don't grant requests for special set ups for certain forums.

Silver lining is that our own Mobile View might be able to add this, and just having that info displayed in threads is a lot of a smaller task then recreating the profile fields page in the User CP. Might be able to cheat the list for something this small, but won't know till I talk to a tech about it. Might not be as easy as I think. Will find out and let you know.

Kevin
Kevin,

If this is not feasible - maybe we can consider a "permissions change" so that the smart-phone app/view would only be accessible to members who have received their full user privileges - meaning that it would not be accessible to members that are registering for the first time - or that have just registered and are only making their first couple of posts.

I'm thinking maybe this would be an easier fix.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #15 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-08-2017, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
Administrator
Points: 52,865, Level: 100 Points: 52,865, Level: 100 Points: 52,865, Level: 100

2WD
Garage
I wouldn't be able to get permission to do that. The whole reason of the special mobile view is to make it easier, and to boost our rating with google searches. If we made it restricted, it would hinder both those goals.

Another alternative: we could make more of the profile fields mandatory? Would make it part of the registration process, so before you can even get on the site, you have to fill out the required fields

Kevin

post #16 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-09-2017, 12:10 AM
Super Moderator

4WD
Garage
Quote:
Another alternative: we could make more of the profile fields mandatory? Would make it part of the registration process, so before you can even get on the site, you have to fill out the required fields

Kevin
Kevin,

If you can make this happen - this would be ideal.

When I first sold the idea to you guys, to add the Commander specific owners information questionnaire to the user profile fields - I thought that it would be set up this way.

I was pretty disappointed when I started seeing new members, making it through the registration process and posting, without having answered those Commander owner specific questions.

That pretty much defeated the whole purpose of adding those questions to the user's profile.

So, Yes - I'm all for it Kevin, if you can pull it off.

Last edited by Big Blue; 12-10-2017 at 07:35 AM.
post #17 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-11-2017, 10:57 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

2WD
Garage
Just gave it a test with the first 2 fields (Do you own, and Model Year) and it worked. Both those fields popped up when doing a test registration and had to have something inputted to complete the registration, and still have options to be left blank to accommodate who answer "No" to that first field.

Which other fields should be mandatory? We should stay away from those that might be considered too technical for a new user still learning. Give them a chance to add those later

Kevin

post #18 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-13-2017, 10:22 PM
Super Moderator

4WD
Garage
Quote:
Just gave it a test with the first 2 fields (Do you own, and Model Year) and it worked. Both those fields popped up when doing a test registration and had to have something inputted to complete the registration, and still have options to be left blank to accommodate who answer "No" to that first field.

Which other fields should be mandatory? We should stay away from those that might be considered too technical for a new user still learning. Give them a chance to add those later

Kevin
That's a good start Kevin, thank you.

Is there a way that if they answer Yes to owning a Commander, that it will automatically make the remaining fields mandatory/required to register?

post #19 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-14-2017, 06:33 AM
Points: 16,022, Level: 81 Points: 16,022, Level: 81 Points: 16,022, Level: 81
Level up: 35% Level up: 35% Level up: 35%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Trim Package: Limited
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Current Mileage: 165,000
I like it, that's how I thought it was going to be set originally also.
post #20 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-15-2017, 01:46 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

2WD
Garage
Not that I know of, and my own searches for a plugin or otherwise that would accomplish this have come up empty. Don't suppose you've seen something like this present on another site have you?

Kevin

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander News & Polls > JeepCommander.com Site Issues & Website Help

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in