Jeep Commander Forum banner

Northeast Texas Commander Meeting

5K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  intothewild 
#1 ·
Anyone out there from Northeast Texas interested in meeting up somewhere? I keep reading about all of these great meets, but none in my area. I am open to suggestions and dates. By the way, I don't have four wheel drive, but it would be cool to meet and hang out with some other Commander Owners.

#8 ·
the commander is a nice diversion though. My wife drives it most of the time, but I take it out for the occasional blast. I was thinking of getting a second one and trading in my sedan for a 4wd model

#9 ·
I'm up for this........can the admins help us by searching and letting us know of all TEXAS members on here? PM each of them?

I have a 2wd as well but I still think trail riding is possible (been doing it ever since we got it)

thoughts?

#10 ·
I'm up for this........can the admins help us by searching and letting us know of all TEXAS members on here? PM each of them?
Wat too many members to do this, Best bet is they see and respond to the post!

#11 ·
i can dig that..............just thinking off the top of my head.

Being in a huge state like Texas is cool and we're mega proud of our mega size and all, but sometimes it can be a burden............

These guys are 5+ hours from us down here in Houston. If we lived in Philly, Chicago, or SoCal, we're 5 hrs from several other big cities.........and those places are reasonable to have a M&G with.

Here in Texas, guys from Dallas just aren't going to hang with guys from El Paso, the Lubbock-Odessa-Midland guys just aren't going to show up for anything in Houston, and the only people to visit the Valley folks are long term visitors from Mexico. :stickpoke:

#12 ·
I am very lucky to have four or five other XK owners within miles of me, we are able to get out a little more often with very short notice.

#15 ·
I'm in as well............but I'm thinking of an Austin / SA / San Marcos kinda thing.............

If we did San Marcos, we could do a trail ride, lunch, and river ride...........family kinda thinggie

Its central so the Victoria, Corpus, Laredo guys could make it, as well as the Houston and DFW guys could too.......

THoughts / concerns?

#21 ·
I live in Dripping Springs, Tx which is just west of Austin (about 20 miles west). A neighbor of mine has told me he regularly goes offroading at the Boulder Creek Farms area. He tells me it is a good place.

John

#22 ·
I would like to meet

Porbably on Labor Day weekend (Sunday or Mon) My daughter's B-day is on Sat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.