2006 Jeep Commander 4.7L 2WD Modifications? - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Performance Modifications If you plan to modify your Jeep Commander, tell us about it in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-27-2011, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
Points: 1,665, Level: 23 Points: 1,665, Level: 23 Points: 1,665, Level: 23
Level up: 65% Level up: 65% Level up: 65%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

2006 Jeep Commander 4.7L 2WD Modifications?

First off, this is my first post on this forum! WOOO! I just bought my Jeep from the dealership I work at (Not a Jeep Dealer ) and I was curious about performance upgrades that people have already completed on their Jeep. I have the 4.7L Magnum and I haven't been able to find anything but Exhaust (Limited exhaust choices), Chip and Intakes. I was curious if anyone has any suggestions for what they have done and what they have acheived by doing it (Horse? MPG? Torque? Ect)? Also if there are some excellent deals or you know of places in which I can get such items, that would be awesome! Thanks!

DOMO!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-27-2011, 10:55 PM
Points: 5,013, Level: 45 Points: 5,013, Level: 45 Points: 5,013, Level: 45
Level up: 32% Level up: 32% Level up: 32%

hi and welcome

I have done alot of mods to my jeep for performance on the street i would suggest a tuner superchips is what i have the power is definitly noticible shifting and everything is smooth and crisp horsepower i think it added about 15 and it is tourquier for air induction i went with the aem bruteforce polished air induction kit and all i can say is wow i love the sound it makes a sucking noise at wide open throttle that is to dye for. it added tourqe and quite a bit of horsepower you know seat of the pants feel it also added about 1 mpg so not to bad every little bit helps. I also added borla exhaust just installed yesterday this is a great mod makes a loud throuty tone not to much drone on the highway mpg decreased as i cant keep my foot out of it. Some mods many people havent done but i have is port and polish my throttle body i followed the direction on this link https://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/...ad.php?t=15571

it helped alot and with my air induction it is awesome
i also port and polished my cylinder heads and exhaust ports this is usually quite expensive but i have a buddy who did it cheap and i helped him this made the biggest difference my jeep screams now this mod in some cars have added 80 horsepower and 100 ft lbs of tourque i think it added about 50 horsepower and 70 ft lbs of tourqe but i dont know for sure this is all seat of the pants feel i had nos but took it off i really didnt use it only once it was a cheap kit. with all these mods i feel alot of power and i get mild gas mileage about 16 in town and 21 pretty regular on the highway. i love my jeep and im sure youll love yours, one thing good about the 4.7 is it takes to mods quite well meaning it is a responsive motor to little power add ons,
for the best site out there to find all this at i like autoanything.com they have good prices and great customer service they will always get my buisness.
thanks for joining the site and good luck with your jeep

Connor
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-28-2011, 02:34 PM
Points: 7,761, Level: 59 Points: 7,761, Level: 59 Points: 7,761, Level: 59
Level up: 6% Level up: 6% Level up: 6%

392 6.4 HEMI conversion kit

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-28-2011, 04:56 PM Thread Starter
Points: 1,665, Level: 23 Points: 1,665, Level: 23 Points: 1,665, Level: 23
Level up: 65% Level up: 65% Level up: 65%

Is there a conversion kit for a 4.7L to a 5.7L or 6.4L or any motor of any kind and fit into this? Is it possible? If not maybe a supercharger
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Performance Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in