Inferno Red
4.7L V8
4x4
QTII
Towing package
Dual power seats
no sunroof
Boston Acoustic sound system
37,4xx miles (still driving, this will go up slowly)
cloth interior
New Cooper Discoverer H/T tires (2000 miles)
Flowmaster 50-SUV muffler
Factory Crossbars
HIR Headlights

I can put either factory single CD with an AUX input back in it, or factory 6 disk changer.

Think that's about it. It's in pretty good condition.

Asking 13k. Free and clear title in hand makes purchase a snap.

See less See more
#2 ·
RED why you getting rid of your ride?

#3 ·
When I bought it there were 5 of us and we felt the need for the third row of seating so we'd have room for the kids. My wife passed away on July 3, and now with just me and the 3 kids I don't need the 3rd row any more. I'd like to get something that's got more legroom in the 2nd row for the children. I feel bad for my youngest who has to sit behind me with no room. I'm 6'6" so have the seat all the way back and down a fair amount so he doesn't get much room.

So, I'm looking at F-150 crew cabs (or whatever they call their quad cabs) as they have a nice amount of room in the back, and having a truck bed would be nice for hauling some stuff.

Commander is a great vehicle, but I think a pickup meets my needs a little more. If I don't sell it, I'll just buy a small trailer, but that would really be a pain for runs to the dump, and other cities furniture shopping, etc...

#4 ·
sorry to hear about your loss RED. good luck selling your commander.

#5 ·
Sorry about your loss. You have my best wishes. Good luck with the sale and whatever you may buy.

#8 ·
I am sorry as well and hate to see you lose your Commander, but you will always be part of the JeepCommander.com Family.

#10 ·
Thanks guys, I appreciate all of the thoughts and prayers. Breast Cancer in case you were wondering. Diagnosed 3 years earlier, stage 4 at diagnosis. So, we were prepared. Don't you dare let the ladies in your life ever skip a yearly exam. It may not seem important at the time to them, but they are. (No my wife hadn't skipped any, she was diagnosed at 37, and wasn't supposed to start getting mammograms until 40) [/PSA]

If I sell the Commander I do, if not like I said, I'll just buy a trailer. Not going to give it away to a dealer and let them recoup my losses.

#11 ·
Red, I am deeply sorry for your loss especially for your young children. If you do sell it, I hope you stop in once and a while to visit otherwise I will miss that Avatar face of yours and especially that darn bug I keep trying to squish!

#12 ·
Sorry Red, hang in there.
You have a good price on the Commander, it will sell, if I didn't have two I would buy it from you:)

#13 ·
red if it's ok i would like to walk in honor of your wife this year for the breast cancer foundation here in town. i walk every year for my mom who is a two time breast cancer survivor.

#17 ·
That would be awesome Testa. Our family is of course big into the Relay for Life, been the top fundraising team for the past 3 years. Kari Spiers was her name.

Thanks for all the support guys, really.
no problem my man. i'll PM you when it gets closer.

#15 ·
More information on one of "The Walks" for those who may be interested, If there is a link to the specific event referenced please add for others who are able to share in the cause:

http://www.the3day.org/site/PageServer

#18 ·
Red, sorry to hear the bad news and best wishes. My sister and brother in law are looking for an XK. They are not necessarily looking for something right away but looking none the less. Where are you located? You can send me a PM if you want to exchange info.

#19 ·
Sorry to hear about your lost Red. Best wishes to you and your family.

#21 ·
Well, spent the last couple days looking at trucks. Couple problems. First, I don't like the Ford trucks as much as the Commander. Second, man, are the Ford guys proud of those trucks. Lastly, I pulled one in my garage, only had about 1/4" clearance. Didn't care for that too much.

Soooo, as of now, I'd still sell it, but don't have anything to buy. I'll start looking for a trailer soon.

#24 ·
Ooo I wish My truck was a little bigger, We could work a trade.
I have a 2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac... Its the one with Explorer front end and truck bed on back. It was big enough for me until I got married, now with 7 of us to haul around its too small.
Anyways, I think at 6'6'' you would be cramped in my truck... Im only 6' and I feel a little cramped sometimes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.