Jane Fonda - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Off-Topic Discussions This area houses Off-Topic discussion that does NOT involve the Jeep Commander.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 10:29 AM Thread Starter
Banned
Points: 6,103, Level: 50 Points: 6,103, Level: 50 Points: 6,103, Level: 50
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Thumbs down Jane Fonda

This is very close to me. I spent 14 years in the USAF. I wear a POW/MIA bracelet. His name is Gene E Davis, from Indiana. I have never taken it off since 1990. Most don't realize this, but the bulk of the POW/MIA's served in the USAF. Thank you for reading.

Never Forgive A Traitor
For those of you too young to remember, Hanoi Jane AKA, (Jane Fonda), is a bad person and did some terrible things during the Vietnam war. Things that cannot be forgiven!!!!
And now OBAMA wants to honor her...!
In Memory of LT. C. Thomsen Wieland who spent 100 days at the Hanoi Hilton
FORWARD THIS SO THAT EVERYONE WILL KNOW!
She really is a traitor.
A TRAITOR IS ABOUT TO BE HONORED KEEP THIS MOVING ACROSS AMERICA

This is for all the kids born in the 70's and after who do not remember, and didn't have to bear the burden that our fathers, mothers and older brothers and sisters had to bear..

Jane Fonda is being honored as one of the '100 Women of the Century.'

BY BARBRA WALTERS WHO WRITES:
Unfortunately, many have forgotten and still countless others have never known how Ms. Fonda betrayed not only the idea of our country, but specific men who served and sacrificed during Vietnam

The first part of this is from an F-4E pilot. The pilot's name is Jerry Driscoll, a River Rat.

In 1968, the former Commandant of the USAF Survival School was a POW in Ho Lo Prison the ' Hanoi Hilton.'

Dragged from a stinking cesspit of a cell, cleaned, fed, and dressed in clean PJ's, he was ordered to describe for a visiting American 'Peace Activist' the 'lenient and humane treatment' he'd received.

He spat at Ms. Fonda, was clubbed, and was dragged away. During the subsequent beating, he fell forward
on to the camp Commandant 's feet, which sent that officer berserk.

In 1978, the Air Force Colonel still suffered from double vision (which permanently ended his flying career) from the Commandant's frenzied application of a wooden baton.

From 1963-65, Col. Larry Carrigan was in the 47FW/DO (F-4E's). He spent 6 years in the 'Hanoi Hilton',,, the first three of which his family only knew he was 'missing in action'. His wife lived on faith that he was still alive. His group, too, got the cleaned-up, fed and clothed routine in preparation for a 'peace delegation' visit.

They, however, had time and devised a plan to get word to the world that they were alive and still survived. Each man secreted a tiny piece of paper, with his Social Security Number on it , in the palm of his hand.

When paraded before Ms. Fonda and a camera operator, she walked the line, shaking each man's hand and asking little encouraging snippets like: 'Aren't you sorry you bombed babies?' and 'Are you grateful for the humane treatment from your benevolent captors?' Believing this HAD to be an act, they each palmed her their sliver of paper.

She took them all without missing a beat.. At the end of the line and once the camera stopped rolling, to the shocked disbelief of the POWs, she turned to the officer in charge and handed him all the little pieces of paper..

Three men died from the subsequent beatings. Colonel Carrigan was almost number four but he survived, which is the only reason we know of her actions that day.

I was a civilian economic development advisor in Vietnam, and was captured by the North Vietnamese communists in South Vietnam in 1968, and held prisoner for over 5 years.

I spent 27 months in solitary confinement; one year in a cage in Cambodia ; and one year in a 'black box' in Hanoi My North Vietnamese captors deliberately poisoned and murdered a female missionary, a nurse in a leprosarium in Ban me Thuot , South Vietnam , whom I buried in the jungle near the Cambodian border. At one time, I weighed only about 90 lbs. (My normal weight is 170 lbs)

We were Jane Fonda's 'war criminals....'
When Jane Fonda was in Hanoi, the camp communist political officer asked me if I would be willing to meet with her.
I said yes, for I wanted to tell her about the real treatment we POWs received... and how different it was from the treatment purported by the North Vietnamese, and parroted by her as 'humane and lenient.'
Because of this, I spent three days on a rocky floor on my knees, with my arms outstretched with large steel weights placed on my hands, and beaten with a bamboo cane.

I had the opportunity to meet with Jane Fonda soon after I was released. I asked her if she would be willing to debate me on TV. She never did answer me.

These first-hand experiences do not exemplify someone who should be honored as part of '100 Years of Great Women.' Lest we forget....' 100 Years of Great Women' should never include a traitor whose hands are covered with the blood of so many patriots.

There are few things I have strong visceral reactions to, but Hanoi Jane's participation in blatant treason, is one of them. Please take the time to forward to as many people as you possibly can. It will eventually end up on her computer and she needs to know that we will never forget. RONALD D. SAMPSON, CM Sgt, USAF 716 Maintenance Squadron, Chief of Maintenance DSN: 875-6431 COMM: 883-6343
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 10:40 AM
Points: 1,018, Level: 17 Points: 1,018, Level: 17 Points: 1,018, Level: 17
Level up: 18% Level up: 18% Level up: 18%

she is awful
but you can argue, that by being so awful is what makes her one of the 100 women of the century.
it doesnt say the 100 best women, just 100 women

her accomplishments are heinous, but prevelent none the less

note: I spent 7 years in the military(USCG), my father served in the 1st desert storm w/ the Army, my brother is currently in the marines and my father in law was a AF lifer while my brother in law is current active duty AF and i have had close family in every war previous to desert storm
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 12:16 PM
Points: 34,360, Level: 100 Points: 34,360, Level: 100 Points: 34,360, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%

Garage
Send a message via MSN to cico7 Send a message via Skype™ to cico7
Acording to Snopes, it's a sham:

Mike McGrath, President of NAM-POWs, has also stepped forward to disclaim the story:

Please excuse the generic response, but I have been swamped with so many
e-mails on the subject of the Jane Fonda article (Carrigan, Driscoll, strips of
paper, torture and deaths of POWs, etc.) that I have to resort to this pre-
scripted rebuttal. The truth is that most of this never happened. This is a
hoax story placed on the internet by unknown Fonda haters. No one knows
who initiated the story. Please assist by not propagating the story. Fonda
did enough bad things to assure her a correct place in the garbage dumps
of history. We don't want to be party to false stories, which could be used
as an excuse that her real actions didn't really happen either. I have spoken
with all the parties named: Carrigan, Driscoll, et al. They all state that this
particular internet story is a hoax and they wish to disassociate their names
from the false story.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 09:15 PM
Points: 7,842, Level: 59 Points: 7,842, Level: 59 Points: 7,842, Level: 59
Level up: 46% Level up: 46% Level up: 46%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2008
Trim Package: Sport
Power-Train: 4.7L V-8
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Current Mileage: 33000
It's bad enough you're passing on fabrications, but why post political rants on a Jeep board?
I come here to see what's going on in the Commander world, not who's doing what to who and how bad those other people are.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 09:57 PM
Points: 34,360, Level: 100 Points: 34,360, Level: 100 Points: 34,360, Level: 100

Garage
Why do we rely on snopes? (me) what if they are wrong and I am propagating
thier rants?!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 10:14 PM
Points: 59,678, Level: 100 Points: 59,678, Level: 100 Points: 59,678, Level: 100
Activity: 44% Activity: 44% Activity: 44%

Model year: 2006
Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 5.7L V-8 Hemi
4WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer9 View Post
It's bad enough you're passing on fabrications, but why post political rants on a Jeep board?
I come here to see what's going on in the Commander world, not who's doing what to who and how bad those other people are.
This is in the Off-Topic ( everything that is not Commander related) section of the forum. If you only want to read about the Commander don't visit this section.

2006 Steel Blue 5.7L HEMI Limited 4x4 Build Date: June 9, 2006 Hour 14
Interior: Dark Slate/Light Graystone with Saddle Brown Leather Seats
Quadra-Drive II, NAV, DVD, Trailer Tow Group IV, Off-Road Group II, Remote Start, UConnect, Rear Backup Camera, Chrome Wheels,
Magnaflow cat-back exhaust, Daytime Running Lights enabled, 2" Rough Country Lift with 265/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler AT/S

Last edited by jeep5253; 01-06-2011 at 10:17 PM.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2011, 01:22 AM
Points: 7,842, Level: 59 Points: 7,842, Level: 59 Points: 7,842, Level: 59
Level up: 46% Level up: 46% Level up: 46%

Model year: 2008
Power-Train: 4.7L V-8
4WD
Current Mileage: 33000
Touche, and Ow thats a sharp stick.
I think I was just a bit cranky last night.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2011, 10:20 PM
06h
Banned
Points: 893, Level: 15 Points: 893, Level: 15 Points: 893, Level: 15
Level up: 93% Level up: 93% Level up: 93%

"This is for all the kids born in the 70's and after who do not remember, and bear the burden that our fathers, mothers and older brothers and sisters had to bear." what is that comment intended to mean?

Is it that anyone born during or after the 70's doesn't understand the sacrifices? I could see how half that statement is correct. Some of the generation doesn't understanding the sacrifices that where made then and NOW. The half that of the 70's and beyond generation that rose to the challenge fully understand the sacrifice.

Be a POW or be beheaded with a bone saw while its filmed so your family's can watch. Yhea SOME of the 70 and beyond generations have no clue about the sacrifices! Some of us fully understand the sacrifices and still make them day in and day out.

Last edited by 06h; 01-08-2011 at 10:41 PM.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-09-2011, 12:32 AM
Points: 41,300, Level: 100 Points: 41,300, Level: 100 Points: 41,300, Level: 100

Model year: 2006
4WD
Current Mileage: HueyPilotVN
I might get some flack for this, but here goes.

Most reasonable people do not take lightly the sacrifice of any military person, nor should they.

The issue that certainly bothered me and I think many of my fellow Viet Nam vets was that the actions of Hanoi Jane directly influenced many of the young people of the 60's and 70s'. To protest the war is the right of any American. Having your picture taken manning an antiaircraft battery in Hanoi sends the message of direct support of enemy soldiers that kill American soldiers. I think it was especially disturbing because she was an american actress that was known by most all of us soldiers. It was kind of like a betrayal by someone we knew from home taking the side of the enemy.

The other factor in the long term disrespect of Jane Fonda was the evolution of the attitude in America that not only was the war wrong, but that the warriors were wrong when we thought we were doing our patriotic duty.

For many years this attitude caused returning vets to feel betrayed by liberal public opinion.

She may or may not have caused the beating or death of POWs as mentioned in the story about the slips of paper, but she certainly gave aid and comfort to the enemy from a propaganda standpoint.

I, for one am not Fonda Jane.

Getting off my soapbox.

2007 Jeep Green Limited 4.7 Flex Fuel, RR 2.5" 4 inch Superlift coils on rear, 1.5" Spacers, Bridgestone 265/70/17, K&N CAI, Flowmaster, Diamond Plate Locking Trunk, Blue Ox Baseplate w/D-rings, "Get Lost 4X4" Front Bumper, T-Max 9000 winch, "Get Lost rear tire carrier, 30 gal second gas tank.
Second 2007 Jeep Green Limited Leather HEMI QDII VES Uconnect Flowmaster OEM Skids Tow Package

Maybe the two will meet up soon edit: they did , I now have 2,now gave 1 away...and got it back again.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-09-2011, 03:31 PM

Garage
I don't think anyone is going to give you flack for your comments Huey.
A person may or may not believe that the action is justified but
betraying your countrymen is in no way justifyable.

Why wasnt she prosecuted and why is she still alive?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Off Topic Section > Off-Topic Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in