Stone Soup Doc"s new project - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Off-Topic Discussions This area houses Off-Topic discussion that does NOT involve the Jeep Commander.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-26-2011, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
Points: 41,300, Level: 100 Points: 41,300, Level: 100 Points: 41,300, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2006
Trim Package: Sport
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Current Mileage: HueyPilotVN
Stone Soup Doc"s new project

I know that this is not a Jeep Commander project. It is in the off topic section and you might find it interesting and possibly give Doc and myself some feedback and new ideas.

Doc is going to put on his "Foose" hat and "Overhaul" my Mustang GT Convertable bracket race car. It still has the original white paint and sailcloth black top. I am happy with the mechanicals basically, but it need a new updated look.

Here are some pictures of the Mustang

Some of the initial thoughts are to paint it a bright metallic blue with white stripes and reverse lettering. To color match the mirrors with black edging and to color match the inside sections of the Prime wheels leaving the mag colored outer rims. The top will be replaced with the same soft black material. I imagine that Doc will post some pictures as he gets more creative than me.

Give us your ideas and suggestions, he is just starting and we can change the plan if we get good ideas.

Film at eleven.

2007 Jeep Green Limited 4.7 Flex Fuel, RR 2.5" 4 inch Superlift coils on rear, 1.5" Spacers, Bridgestone 265/70/17, K&N CAI, Flowmaster, Diamond Plate Locking Trunk, Blue Ox Baseplate w/D-rings, "Get Lost 4X4" Front Bumper, T-Max 9000 winch, "Get Lost rear tire carrier, 30 gal second gas tank.
Second 2007 Jeep Green Limited Leather HEMI QDII VES Uconnect Flowmaster OEM Skids Tow Package

Maybe the two will meet up soon edit: they did , I now have 2,now gave 1 away...and got it back again.

Last edited by HueyPilotVN; 03-26-2011 at 09:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-26-2011, 10:04 PM Thread Starter
Points: 41,300, Level: 100 Points: 41,300, Level: 100 Points: 41,300, Level: 100

4WD
The drivetrain consist of a SVT Motorsports factory Ford racing crate motor with GT40 heads and a B-303 cam. It has MAC shorty headers, an offroad "H" pipe, no cats and flowmaster mufflers with the early mustang rear exit pipes. The transmission is a 5 speed with a racing clutch and the rear gears have been changed from the factory 2:73 ratio to 3:73 posi

With a fresh clutch it runs in the high 13's. I try not to get below 14 seconds on a NHRA track because they require a roll bar if a convertable runs the quarter is less than 14 seconds.

It is a fun car to bracket race with and once it is "Overhauled" we will have a race night for anyone near Phoenix to take turns for low E.T.

2007 Jeep Green Limited 4.7 Flex Fuel, RR 2.5" 4 inch Superlift coils on rear, 1.5" Spacers, Bridgestone 265/70/17, K&N CAI, Flowmaster, Diamond Plate Locking Trunk, Blue Ox Baseplate w/D-rings, "Get Lost 4X4" Front Bumper, T-Max 9000 winch, "Get Lost rear tire carrier, 30 gal second gas tank.
Second 2007 Jeep Green Limited Leather HEMI QDII VES Uconnect Flowmaster OEM Skids Tow Package

Maybe the two will meet up soon edit: they did , I now have 2,now gave 1 away...and got it back again.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-07-2011, 01:54 AM Thread Starter

4WD
OK. Tomorrow is the day I am supposed to get my Mustang back. Doc thinks it will be ready. He has had it for a month and his buddy the painter said he was going to go a little wild. Will see tomorrow. I do know it will have a color matched roll bar.

I am posting to see if we have anyone other than Jon, Doc and me that want to take it to the track next Friday or Saturday night for the open test and tune runs.

The track is northwest of Phoenix

Click here: Welcome to Speedworld Dragstrip

They open at 6:00 pm. They have open runs on both Friday and Saturday nights.

Same deal as before, just pay to race, ($20) and we take turns with the Mustang.

You can also race anything that you bring. You might want to get a base line run with your Commander for future comparision.

Jon and I were going to go tomorrow night but we are not sure that Doc will be finished.

If you want to go, this would be a good time, because Lee and I are thinking of going up to Show Low for nicer, (cooler) weather in the pines.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-07-2011, 01:27 PM
Points: 14,892, Level: 79 Points: 14,892, Level: 79 Points: 14,892, Level: 79
Level up: 9% Level up: 9% Level up: 9%

Sounds like a good time. Too far away for this Michiganian. I'm sure you'll post pics. Try and get some videos too. Have fun.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-07-2011, 10:02 PM
Points: 63,765, Level: 100 Points: 63,765, Level: 100 Points: 63,765, Level: 100

Send a message via Yahoo to a49erFan
Saw it in the garage when I picked up my P.T. Cruiser that Doc had for body work this week. It will not be done today!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 XK, Steel Armadillo Front Bumper w/Warn Powermate winch, Rear Bumper w/tire carrier & Super Sliders, Rhino Rack Roof Rack and Foxwing Awning, KC Lights on Steel Armadillo Light Bar, 4xGuard Rear Differential Cover, Steel Armadillo Plates.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 02:32 AM
Points: 5,850, Level: 49 Points: 5,850, Level: 49 Points: 5,850, Level: 49
Level up: 50% Level up: 50% Level up: 50%

Send a message via Skype™ to TYMAC
Bummer it won't be done Bill! Can't wait to see the finished product.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 12:04 AM Thread Starter

4WD
Either Doc and James are doing the world's best paint job or my mustang was a lot harder to work on than they thought. They still have it and I am having a hard time waiting to see it. I asked Jon (49er) to conduct a spy mission when he was over there, but he only saw the back end and some masking paper. I did manage to get the car registered for the next five years, However that was another "Black Operation" that I will not discuss. Lee and I are back in Phoenix. She found out that she has to have a total hip replacement. The summer of travel that we had started out on will have to be put on hold. she will need lot's of physical therapy following the surgery.

I do have lots of confidence in James and Doc's ability and I am sure the paint job will be worth the wait. Film at Eleven.

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 09:53 AM

Best of luck to Lee on her surgery. My sister had a hip replacement and she is really pleased with the results.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 04:23 AM Thread Starter

4WD
Picked up my old Mustang Monday. It does not look old anymore. I really like the color. It changes in light and shadow. I especially like the air brush badges on both front fenders. There is a close up in the pictures. Amazing art work by James the painter. I also really like the job Doc did with the roll bar. I am and will be detailing the entire car for the white residue from all the color buffing, but I am happy to do that. That just takes time and patience. My grandson Devin is here to help with Lee's recovery and he is helping me also.

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 09:01 AM

Very nice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Off Topic Section > Off-Topic Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in