X Jack Review - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Off-Topic Discussions This area houses Off-Topic discussion that does NOT involve the Jeep Commander.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-14-2012, 01:03 AM Thread Starter
Points: 41,300, Level: 100 Points: 41,300, Level: 100 Points: 41,300, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2006
Trim Package: Sport
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Current Mileage: HueyPilotVN
X Jack Review

I bought an X Jack from the Steel Armadillo. It came in handy Wednesday when I went to pick up my Mustang from Doc.

I had a flat on my old trailer that I use to carry the race car around before I got the new stacker trailer.

We had to change the tire anyway so we took pictures for a product review. Matt from the Forum had reviewed it and convinced me to buy it from his experience.

It comes in a heavy canvas case. It is about the size of a tire around but only about one fifth as thick. It comes with several other items. A pair of work gloves, a thick mat, the exhaust hose and an extension for the exhaust hose are included.

The anchor points keep the bottom from sliding around or moving.

The mat goes between the X Jack and the frame of the vehicle you are lifting.

We used a portable air compressor to inflate it because we already knew from Matt that using the exhaust hose takes longer. It only requires 10 psi to inflate it.

It lifted the trailer easily and in a very controlled and safe manner.

We placed the X Jack directly under the axle.

This is a good view of the hose for inflating by using the exhaust if you do not have a portable air compressor.

My experience with using Hi Lift Jacks in the past when off road has been much more dangerous than using this air bag type of lifting device. It is especially safer when letting the air out as compared to lowering any other type of jack that is under load.

It is a little expensive, but not nearly as expensive as losing an arm or a leg and it will not scare you like a tippy jack with a small base.

Thats my story and I sticking to it.

2007 Jeep Green Limited 4.7 Flex Fuel, RR 2.5" 4 inch Superlift coils on rear, 1.5" Spacers, Bridgestone 265/70/17, K&N CAI, Flowmaster, Diamond Plate Locking Trunk, Blue Ox Baseplate w/D-rings, "Get Lost 4X4" Front Bumper, T-Max 9000 winch, "Get Lost rear tire carrier, 30 gal second gas tank.
Second 2007 Jeep Green Limited Leather HEMI QDII VES Uconnect Flowmaster OEM Skids Tow Package

Maybe the two will meet up soon edit: they did , I now have 2,now gave 1 away...and got it back again.

Last edited by HueyPilotVN; 01-14-2012 at 01:06 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-14-2012, 12:39 PM
Points: 34,360, Level: 100 Points: 34,360, Level: 100 Points: 34,360, Level: 100

Garage
Send a message via MSN to cico7 Send a message via Skype™ to cico7
Didnt Ahmed use one of these to get out of a hole in the sand?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-14-2012, 02:16 PM
Points: 59,623, Level: 100 Points: 59,623, Level: 100 Points: 59,623, Level: 100
Activity: 53% Activity: 53% Activity: 53%

Model year: 2006
Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 5.7L V-8 Hemi
4WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by cico7 View Post
Didnt Ahmed use one of these to get out of a hole in the sand?
Yes he did---> https://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showpost.php?p=43324&postcount=32

2006 Steel Blue 5.7L HEMI Limited 4x4 Build Date: June 9, 2006 Hour 14
Interior: Dark Slate/Light Graystone with Saddle Brown Leather Seats
Quadra-Drive II, NAV, DVD, Trailer Tow Group IV, Off-Road Group II, Remote Start, UConnect, Rear Backup Camera, Chrome Wheels,
Magnaflow cat-back exhaust, Daytime Running Lights enabled, 2" Rough Country Lift with 265/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler AT/S

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-14-2012, 06:41 PM
Points: 12,498, Level: 73 Points: 12,498, Level: 73 Points: 12,498, Level: 73
Level up: 12% Level up: 12% Level up: 12%

Send a message via AIM to rwmorrisonjr Send a message via MSN to rwmorrisonjr Send a message via Yahoo to rwmorrisonjr
Very nice, great review and pics. Also better an easier to use than the standard scissors jack that comes with the truck. I definitely need to invest in one of these!

2006 XK Sport, 4.7l, QTII- many mods
----------------------------------------------------
'An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."- Robert A. Heinlein

"Men sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."- George Orwell

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-14-2012, 07:30 PM
Points: 6,782, Level: 54 Points: 6,782, Level: 54 Points: 6,782, Level: 54
Level up: 16% Level up: 16% Level up: 16%

So this thing can inflate using the vehicle's exhaust? Makes me wonder how it doesn't damage it considering how hot that could be. I also wonder if that nozzle would even fit over my exhaust tip.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-14-2012, 09:32 PM
Points: 10,821, Level: 68 Points: 10,821, Level: 68 Points: 10,821, Level: 68
Level up: 93% Level up: 93% Level up: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitemare3219 View Post
So this thing can inflate using the vehicle's exhaust? Makes me wonder how it doesn't damage it considering how hot that could be. I also wonder if that nozzle would even fit over my exhaust tip.
The hose will fit over your pipe and the exhaust at idle is not very hot at all.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stop by and like the page

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-06-2012, 12:24 AM
Points: 37,701, Level: 100 Points: 37,701, Level: 100 Points: 37,701, Level: 100

Model year: 2007
Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 5.7L V-8 Hemi
4WD
Current Mileage: 150000
Thanks for sharing the experience ,, that air jack is really practical ,, especially on sand where its impossible to use regular jacks as they simply dig into the sand.

what I liked in your one is the possibility of inflating it by air compressor, mine was only with exhaust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Off Topic Section > Off-Topic Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in