just a hello - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Off-Topic Discussions This area houses Off-Topic discussion that does NOT involve the Jeep Commander.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-23-2014, 11:54 PM Thread Starter
Points: 38, Level: 1 Points: 38, Level: 1 Points: 38, Level: 1
Level up: 76% Level up: 76% Level up: 76%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

just a hello

I'm now a new member of the forum, and I am glad I found it. I'm not that young, lol , and have had one Jeep Grand Cherokee now for about 15 yrs. Been around jeeps for a long time and hope that I can contribute, but I'm sure the wisdom in here on the Jeep Commander I'm buying, will be of a great help and beyond my knowledge of the Commander. The forum has already helped me, in that it has the Trail Ready tag (which is what I wanted for my use... I let little stop me ) was really Trail Ready and the Quadra-Drive II version. It does have the 4X4LO, the skids plates, tow hook, etc. ... so I take it that it is legite per what I read on the forum. I will also do a VIN verification when I can get the VIN. It is the 4.7L with a tow pkg. I would have liked the 5.7 HEMI, but I couldn't find one that hasn't already taken several trips to China and back ... based upon the mileage they have put on them.

People just don't understand a lot of times, the difference between a "JEEP" owner, and an SUV owner. And even if you explain it, unless they are one, they just don't "get it".

I'm giving it up my present one, but not letting it go. My granddaughter, learned to drive with it and although she's driven all types of cars at this point , to get a feel for them and what she likes, she goes back to my Jeep Grand Cherokee (my girl... lived with me for years). She loves off road.
Her comment is always ... "but it's not a Jeep... ya know what I mean".
When she told her friends why she wanted it, their response... "we should have known... that fits you perfectly .... " .

So, I told her.... if I could find a Commander (which I've liked) then I would let her have the Grand Cherokee to drive and have, with the condition she can never sell it.... if she decides she wants something else at some point, I'll give her an allowance towards the other car and take this one back. It's not going anywhere until the bolts rust and the wheels fall off.

So ... what did she do ? Started looking at ads on Jeep Commander's for sale and showing them to me. I got the point. Now, by next Tuesday it should be sitting in my driveway.... which she doesn't know yet. So, after a couple of days to take care of insurance and other matters .... about next Thursday .... she may get a surprise ... " a set of keys" to a Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Glad to be among people who understand ... "because it's a JEEP".

Last edited by Eagleks; 01-24-2014 at 12:18 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-24-2014, 06:58 AM
Points: 33,584, Level: 100 Points: 33,584, Level: 100 Points: 33,584, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 19% Activity: 19% Activity: 19%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2006
Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 5.7L V-8 Hemi
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Current Mileage: 106,000
Garage
Welcome to the forum, you will see many of us have had multiple Jeeps, gets in your blood.

06 Commander Limited Hemi - QDII,
Past -89 Comanche, 98 Grand Cherokee (2WD), 2000 Cherokee, 05 Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7
Had to replace the brakes - they opened more gas stations in town
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-24-2014, 01:05 PM
Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1
Level up: 45% Level up: 45% Level up: 45%

Send a message via AIM to johnsonscott Send a message via Skype™ to johnsonscott
hey there i am also new member!!
any one here to welcome me?

Last edited by johnsonscott; 01-27-2014 at 11:00 AM.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-25-2014, 07:13 PM
Points: 34,360, Level: 100 Points: 34,360, Level: 100 Points: 34,360, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%

Garage
Send a message via MSN to cico7 Send a message via Skype™ to cico7
Welcome johnsonscott, this your first post?
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonscott View Post
hey there i am also new member!!
any one here to welcome me?
Intro yourself here...
INTRO

Last edited by cico7; 01-25-2014 at 07:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Off Topic Section > Off-Topic Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in