06 nav replacement - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
New Member Section Drop in, say Hi and meet the community

 1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-31-2017, 09:56 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
Points: 145, Level: 2 Points: 145, Level: 2 Points: 145, Level: 2
Level up: 90% Level up: 90% Level up: 90%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
jrromo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 11
06 nav replacement

Hello everyone. New to this forum and a first ever jeep owner. So we have a 2006 commander limited that we have been working on to get up to par or better and the factory nav is just a white screen noise. Wanting to replace it and looking at a Kenwood ddx9903 but was wondering if this can be synced up with the rear dvd player that is in the vehicle? Thanks for any help and suggestions. Not set on the radio yet but it does have apple car play and about a $450 price point. OK and one other issue. Have charged the ac system and it seems to blow cool near cold but we noticed when you hit the button to go from outside air to inside air there is no difference. Again any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited by jrromo; 07-31-2017 at 10:16 PM.
jrromo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-01-2017, 01:14 AM
Super Moderator
Points: 21,536, Level: 92 Points: 21,536, Level: 92 Points: 21,536, Level: 92
Level up: 19% Level up: 19% Level up: 19%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
 
Big Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: East Coast of Florida
Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2008
Trim Package: Sport
Power-Train: 4.7L V-8
4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-II
Current Mileage: 101,200
Posts: 5,202
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrromo View Post
Hello everyone. New to this forum and a first ever jeep owner. So we have a 2006 commander limited that we have been working on to get up to par or better and the factory nav is just a white screen noise. Wanting to replace it and looking at a Kenwood ddx9903 but was wondering if this can be synced up with the rear dvd player that is in the vehicle? Thanks for any help and suggestions. Not set on the radio yet but it does have apple car play and about a $450 price point. OK and one other issue. Have charged the ac system and it seems to blow cool near cold but we noticed when you hit the button to go from outside air to inside air there is no difference. Again any help would be much appreciated.
jromo;

Welcome to the forum;

Here is another option for you if you want to replace your stock head unit;

https://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/...de-2006-a.html
jrromo likes this.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Big Blue is offline  
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-01-2017, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
Points: 145, Level: 2 Points: 145, Level: 2 Points: 145, Level: 2
Level up: 90% Level up: 90% Level up: 90%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
jrromo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 11
Thank you very much for that. Now to process all that and see which way we wanted to go. !250 is a lot to get the factory look with all the extra features. I'm pretty savy on installing this stuff but am really wanting a system like our QX60 where the front screen will play the same as the back screen and having a hard time finding info on doing that.
jrromo is offline  
 
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-01-2017, 08:58 PM
Super Moderator
Points: 21,536, Level: 92 Points: 21,536, Level: 92 Points: 21,536, Level: 92
Level up: 19% Level up: 19% Level up: 19%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
 
Big Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: East Coast of Florida
Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2008
Trim Package: Sport
Power-Train: 4.7L V-8
4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-II
Current Mileage: 101,200
Posts: 5,202
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrromo View Post
Thank you very much for that. Now to process all that and see which way we wanted to go. !250 is a lot to get the factory look with all the extra features. I'm pretty savy on installing this stuff but am really wanting a system like our QX60 where the front screen will play the same as the back screen and having a hard time finding info on doing that.
Have you looked through this sub-forum?

Electronics / NAV Discussion - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum

You are restricted to posting in the new member section until you reach a certain post count - you still have a few posts to go before that happens - but I think the link will still work for you, you just can't post there yet.

If you have any other questions just let me know.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Big Blue; 08-01-2017 at 11:23 PM.
Big Blue is offline  
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 11:16 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
Points: 145, Level: 2 Points: 145, Level: 2 Points: 145, Level: 2
Level up: 90% Level up: 90% Level up: 90%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
jrromo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 11
Kenwood DDX9903s

So I bit the bullet and replaced the factory nav with a kenwood ddx9903s that has apple car play and viper remote start security system 5706v. Spent 1100 for everything installed and it looks and performs awesome. Had to get a radiopro4 rp4-ch11 to use the factory amp and steering wheel controls and the system sounds awesome. It sounds so much better than the stock system and nothing but the radio was added. My wife who has a 2017 infinity qx60 fully loaded said she wanted the radio in hers when she saw all the features the radio has. She wants to take the jeep every where now. It was definitely worth the upgrade. Oh and that price also included a back up camera installed.

Last edited by jrromo; 08-17-2017 at 11:22 PM.
jrromo is offline  
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-18-2017, 04:30 AM
Senior Member
Points: 1,495, Level: 21 Points: 1,495, Level: 21 Points: 1,495, Level: 21
Level up: 95% Level up: 95% Level up: 95%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
MarX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: KS
Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2007
Trim Package: Sport
4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-II
Current Mileage: 111000
Posts: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrromo View Post
So I bit the bullet and replaced the factory nav with a kenwood ddx9903s that has apple car play and viper remote start security system 5706v. Spent 1100 for everything installed and it looks and performs awesome. Had to get a radiopro4 rp4-ch11 to use the factory amp and steering wheel controls and the system sounds awesome. It sounds so much better than the stock system and nothing but the radio was added. My wife who has a 2017 infinity qx60 fully loaded said she wanted the radio in hers when she saw all the features the radio has. She wants to take the jeep every where now. It was definitely worth the upgrade. Oh and that price also included a back up camera installed.
Nice sounds like a great choice. Welcome aboard.
MarX is offline  
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-18-2017, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator
Points: 21,536, Level: 92 Points: 21,536, Level: 92 Points: 21,536, Level: 92
Level up: 19% Level up: 19% Level up: 19%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
 
Big Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: East Coast of Florida
Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2008
Trim Package: Sport
Power-Train: 4.7L V-8
4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-II
Current Mileage: 101,200
Posts: 5,202
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrromo View Post
So I bit the bullet and replaced the factory nav with a kenwood ddx9903s that has apple car play and viper remote start security system 5706v. Spent 1100 for everything installed and it looks and performs awesome. Had to get a radiopro4 rp4-ch11 to use the factory amp and steering wheel controls and the system sounds awesome. It sounds so much better than the stock system and nothing but the radio was added. My wife who has a 2017 infinity qx60 fully loaded said she wanted the radio in hers when she saw all the features the radio has. She wants to take the jeep every where now. It was definitely worth the upgrade. Oh and that price also included a back up camera installed.
How about a link to the radio you bought - and some pics??


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Big Blue is offline  
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-18-2017, 05:36 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1
Does it work the rear dvd?
JEMERSON41 is offline  
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 08:53 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
Points: 145, Level: 2 Points: 145, Level: 2 Points: 145, Level: 2
Level up: 90% Level up: 90% Level up: 90%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
jrromo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 11
The Apple CarPlay is amazing and with the factory amp the system rock. Still have steering wheel controls and now I can answer and make calls from the radio. Can even send messages and when a text comes in Siri will read it to you. My wife loves riding in this and she has the infinity. The guy said for 50 dollars he could incorporate the rear DVD with this unit but figured I would leave that alone. Got the Kenwood DDX9903s and the Viper 5706v alarm and remote start.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0730_1503539331517.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	299.1 KB
ID:	26770   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0728_1503539356991.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	343.6 KB
ID:	26778   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9850_1503539504408.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	530.9 KB
ID:	26786   Click image for larger version

Name:	52454012727__A89DD59E-3D12-459F-BF1D-66BDCD7C2AE7_1503539533014.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	401.7 KB
ID:	26794  
jrromo is offline  
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 10:04 PM
Super Moderator
Points: 21,536, Level: 92 Points: 21,536, Level: 92 Points: 21,536, Level: 92
Level up: 19% Level up: 19% Level up: 19%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
 
Big Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: East Coast of Florida
Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2008
Trim Package: Sport
Power-Train: 4.7L V-8
4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-II
Current Mileage: 101,200
Posts: 5,202
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrromo View Post
The Apple CarPlay is amazing and with the factory amp the system rock. Still have steering wheel controls and now I can answer and make calls from the radio. Can even send messages and when a text comes in Siri will read it to you. My wife loves riding in this and she has the infinity. The guy said for 50 dollars he could incorporate the rear DVD with this unit but figured I would leave that alone. Got the Kenwood DDX9903s and the Viper 5706v alarm and remote start.
Very nice jrromo;

So that is actually a Kenwood DDX9903?

Is that the model number of the head unit?

What did you pay for the Kenwood head unit if you don't mind me asking?


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Big Blue is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > New Member Section

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome