Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2006
Trim Package: Limited
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Current Mileage: 93,000
Garage
new from Chicago

Just dropping by to see what I can learn .. I recently purchase a 2006 commander limited.. It has about 80,000 miles . 5.7 hemi , wheels that came with it that I would like to swap out soon ..it currently has 20's American racing with a street tire .. Also has bilstein shocks . that look almost new .and feel great . it was a one owner since new from Florida . very clean inside and out . clean carfax no accidents .. Also came with weather tech's front middle rear and a large mat for when third row is folded so that was pretty sweet.. My current plans for the vehicle include a muffler change and resonator delete .. Its way to quiet for the motor that it has .. I went from driving our 09 Tahoe which now is up for sale. Due to having nothing but issues and mileage getting high. has the 5.3 and it sounds way meaner with a stock exhaust .I'd like to put a way more aggresive wheel and tire setup on .. One because winter here can get rough and also just to have fun .Maybe a small lift not sure on that yet .. I partly am joining to see my options on that I do not want to lose handling .I also plan on swapping the headlights and tail lights partly due to the fact these are taking water and a bit foggy .. Not too bad but it's annoying because the thing is spotless otherwise ..if anyone has any input or accessories etc.. For sale let me know.. I will consider lift kits .. Bumpers .. Wheels .. Mainly exteior upgrades at this point and depending on your rep will gladly send funds first .. Thanks guys
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170507_212534.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	365.3 KB
ID:	26290

Last edited by timmy13091; 08-07-2017 at 10:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 05:54 AM
Points: 16,022, Level: 81 Points: 16,022, Level: 81 Points: 16,022, Level: 81
Level up: 35% Level up: 35% Level up: 35%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Power-Train: 4.7L V-8
4WD
Current Mileage: 165,000
Welcome to the forum timmy, sweet looking ride. Is it 2wd or 4wd? If 4wd which option do you have? There is a ton of info on this site, just search your topics. It looks as if your xk already has a lift.
post #3 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 07:23 AM Thread Starter
Points: 720, Level: 14 Points: 720, Level: 14 Points: 720, Level: 14
Level up: 20% Level up: 20% Level up: 20%

4WD
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creek View Post
Welcome to the forum timmy, sweet looking ride. Is it 2wd or 4wd? If 4wd which option do you have? There is a ton of info on this site, just search your topics. It looks as if your xk already has a lift.
Thanks man .. I'm very happy with .. It doesn't look lifted to me id imagine the bilstein shocks maybe are the adjustable ones or something like that.. It is 4wd with the 4lo handle so I believe it's the better of the 2 offered 4x4 systems . quad drive 2 if I'm not mistaken .. It says by the shifter I'll have to double check that on lunch .. And yes I did a lot of reading last night . deffinatley want a small lift smaller rims and a bigger tire .. And I hope to take care of this super quiet exhaust this weekend .. I'm leaning towards a magnaflow muffler and resonater delete .

post #4 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 01:52 PM
Points: 16,022, Level: 81 Points: 16,022, Level: 81 Points: 16,022, Level: 81
Level up: 35% Level up: 35% Level up: 35%

4WD
Current Mileage: 165,000
If it says quadra Drive by the shifter you have the top of the line. You can verify this by counting the bolts in the rear diff cover, QDII has 12 bolts others have 10.
jeep5253 likes this.
post #5 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 04:15 PM Thread Starter

4WD
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creek View Post
If it says quadra Drive by the shifter you have the top of the line. You can verify this by counting the bolts in the rear diff cover, QDII has 12 bolts others have 10.
Yes it says Quadra drive II.. I was pretty sure it was .. Its the limted and has every option I know of besides the screen .. It has the cd changer , upgraded speakers , heated seats , leather , the Hemi , auto dim mirrors and auto wipers etc... The bilstein shocks on now are yellow and blue and they look spotless .. Like new .. I haven't looked them up yet , But I am thinking maybe they are set stiffer so it looks to be sitting a little higher ??
I'm going to try and sell my wheels locally soon .. I really would like a smaller wheel and more tire .. But at this moment I'm still having trouble deciding on a muffler .. I looked throughexhaust threads on here .. I watched youtube videos .. And still can't decide .. It's hard to tell how it really sounds through a video .. Id like to sound a lot meaner at start up .. And under load .. But I don't want it obnoxious to the point it sounds like ****t... The more I am reading I'm starting to lean towards a flow master 40series with a resonator delete
post #6 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 08:48 PM
Super Moderator
Points: 21,536, Level: 92 Points: 21,536, Level: 92 Points: 21,536, Level: 92
Level up: 19% Level up: 19% Level up: 19%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Model year: 2008
Trim Package: Sport
4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-II
Current Mileage: 101,200
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy13091 View Post
Yes it says Quadra drive II.. I was pretty sure it was .. Its the limted and has every option I know of besides the screen .. It has the cd changer , upgraded speakers , heated seats , leather , the Hemi , auto dim mirrors and auto wipers etc... The bilstein shocks on now are yellow and blue and they look spotless .. Like new .. I haven't looked them up yet , But I am thinking maybe they are set stiffer so it looks to be sitting a little higher ??
I'm going to try and sell my wheels locally soon .. I really would like a smaller wheel and more tire .. But at this moment I'm still having trouble deciding on a muffler .. I looked throughexhaust threads on here .. I watched youtube videos .. And still can't decide .. It's hard to tell how it really sounds through a video .. Id like to sound a lot meaner at start up .. And under load .. But I don't want it obnoxious to the point it sounds like ****t... The more I am reading I'm starting to lean towards a flow master 40series with a resonator delete
Welcome to the forum Timmy;

Nice looking XK but it sure doesn't look like a 4x4 the way she sits;

So this is what you are looking at?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 10:01 PM Thread Starter

4WD
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue View Post
Welcome to the forum Timmy;

Nice looking XK but it sure doesn't look like a 4x4 the way she sits;

So this is what you are looking at?

Thanks man .. I have been reading a lot the last two nights .. This place is full of info .. A lot of it is a few years old .. But regardless it still has been cool ..and yes it has the exact same emblem .. Its a 2006 limited 4x4 hemi vin code to match .. So I'm 200 percent positive .. I ran the vin earlier tonight actually just to get a better idea of the options my xk was built with and actually learned a lot .. For instance I have a upgraded tow package I guess .. Didn't know there was more then one option .. And a lot of other little info .. Gotta love Google .. Now I have went through all the options jeep offered in my year and as far as I know the only thing mine wasn't equipped with us the dash screen and rear entertainment .. Enigine block heater .. And a few other things that really have 0 impact on the performance .. If you want any other pics of anything just let me know ..The wheels is what makes it look that way I'd imagine .. I really want a smaller wheel setup before winter .. It would be nice to have a meaty a/t tire .. I've been trying to set up a build plan and so far i have decided on doing exhaust first hopefully this weekend .. Throw the wheels up on Craigslist .. Shouldn't be a issue to sell a clean set of 20s by me .. So that will be next .. I'm ordering headlights and tail lights from Amazon ..I found a company from a thread on this site that hopefully I can order a front bumper from .. Wam I believe was the name .. And I'm pretty sure a 2.5 lift should be good enough still debating and reading .. So ya it'll be a little process but I should have no issue staying busy for the winter ..

Last edited by timmy13091; 08-08-2017 at 10:04 PM.
post #8 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 10:19 PM Thread Starter

4WD
Garage

Name:	IMG_20170417_180519.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	514.7 KB
ID:	26298

Name:	20170808_181435.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	487.2 KB
ID:	26306

Name:	IMG_20170507_212544.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	265.7 KB
ID:	26314

Name:	20170808_153120.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	507.2 KB
ID:	26322
post #9 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-09-2017, 02:22 AM
Super Moderator

4WD
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy13091 View Post
Thanks man .. I have been reading a lot the last two nights .. This place is full of info .. A lot of it is a few years old .. But regardless it still has been cool ..and yes it has the exact same emblem .. Its a 2006 limited 4x4 hemi vin code to match .. So I'm 200 percent positive .. I ran the vin earlier tonight actually just to get a better idea of the options my xk was built with and actually learned a lot .. For instance I have a upgraded tow package I guess .. Didn't know there was more then one option .. And a lot of other little info .. Gotta love Google .. Now I have went through all the options jeep offered in my year and as far as I know the only thing mine wasn't equipped with us the dash screen and rear entertainment .. Enigine block heater .. And a few other things that really have 0 impact on the performance .. If you want any other pics of anything just let me know ..The wheels is what makes it look that way I'd imagine .. I really want a smaller wheel setup before winter .. It would be nice to have a meaty a/t tire .. I've been trying to set up a build plan and so far i have decided on doing exhaust first hopefully this weekend .. Throw the wheels up on Craigslist .. Shouldn't be a issue to sell a clean set of 20s by me .. So that will be next .. I'm ordering headlights and tail lights from Amazon ..I found a company from a thread on this site that hopefully I can order a front bumper from .. Wam I believe was the name .. And I'm pretty sure a 2.5 lift should be good enough still debating and reading .. So ya it'll be a little process but I should have no issue staying busy for the winter ..
You used to be able to get a factory build sheet from the Chrysler website - but now you have to e-mail Chrysler at the below e-mail address;

This is the e-mail response I received from Chrysler when I inquired about them taking the factory build sheet feature off of their website;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue
I e-mailed Chrysler today about the Factory Build Sheet problem on their website and received this response;

To: XXXXXXXXXX

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting the Dodge Customer Assistance Center.

I do understand your frustration of not being able to access build sheet
on website. FCA has got rid of that feature. You can email in like this
and we would be more than happy to send you a build sheet.

Can you please email me the last 8 characters of your Vehicle
Identification Number?

Thank you again for your email. Should you require additional
assistance, or have any new information to provide, please reply to this
email message or call 1-800-4A-DODGE (1-800-423-6343).

Sincerely,

Jody

Customer Service Representative
Dodge Customer Assistance Center
A lift and bigger tires would do your XK some justice.

Last edited by Big Blue; 08-09-2017 at 02:30 AM.
post #10 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-09-2017, 03:21 AM
Super Moderator

4WD
Garage
Cool pics, silver is a nice color, same color as my previous '08 Grand Cherokee.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > New Member Section

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in