Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2006
Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 5.7L V-8 Hemi
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Current Mileage: 166550
Hey guys! I'm new to this forum. I have a 2006 commander 5.7 limited. And recently some strange things have been happening. About a month ago as the weather got a little colder the idle would start to hit about 12-1300 rpm and hold their for a few seconds until it gradually comes down and then dips below 400 and comes back up to idle at 675. Its acting as if The butterfly valve in the throttle body is slightly engaged and it holds their until it closes. Looking at STFT. (Short term fuel trims) when the idle increases the fuel is being dumped into the cylinders. When it dips back down below 400 their isn't enough feul. And then is compensated and calibrated to keep the standard steady idle. Tapping on the throttle body has no effect on what's happening. And with a screw driver can hear the injectors firing. I've replaced plugs about 2 months ago. It has 166000 miles on it looking under the vehicle on the passenger side I have a blue wire hanging down. It is a chasis ground and I cannot figure out what this wire connects too. For some reason I feel this has some sort of relevance to what's going on. Its on the left side of the cat and does not connect to the 02 sensors. Any input can be greatly helpful thanks! Their are no MIL or DTC's. I did notice that when the rpms climb their is a lightning bolt light that comes on the dash for a split second and goes off. I think that's the TPS?

Last edited by Jonnyminkler; 09-30-2017 at 05:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-30-2017, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
Banned
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1
Level up: 21% Level up: 21% Level up: 21%

4WD
Its 4x4 with QD II
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-30-2017, 09:02 PM
Super Moderator
Points: 21,536, Level: 92 Points: 21,536, Level: 92 Points: 21,536, Level: 92
Level up: 19% Level up: 19% Level up: 19%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Model year: 2008
Trim Package: Sport
Power-Train: 4.7L V-8
4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-II
Current Mileage: 101,200
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnyminkler View Post
Its 4x4 with QD II
Jonnyminkler;

Before I even try to answer any of your questions - there is a questionnaire you should have filled out during the registration process.

It looks like you may have answered one question - that it's a 4WD.

Please answer ALL of the questions pertaining to information about your Jeep Commander, so that the information is properly displayed underneath your username;

It should look something like this;

4WD
Current Mileage: 86,000

Thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-30-2017, 09:30 PM
Points: 16,022, Level: 81 Points: 16,022, Level: 81 Points: 16,022, Level: 81
Level up: 35% Level up: 35% Level up: 35%

4WD
Current Mileage: 165,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue View Post
Jonnyminkler;

Before I even try to answer any of your questions - there is a questionnaire you should have filled out during the registration process.

It looks like you may have answered one question - that it's a 4WD.

Please answer ALL of the questions
It should look something like this;

4WD
Current Mileage: 86,000

Thanks.
I guess we know now that the questionnaire is not required to make a first post.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-30-2017, 11:43 PM Thread Starter
Banned
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1
Level up: 21% Level up: 21% Level up: 21%

4WD
Big man on campus...sorry that I didn't get the questionnaire on the first post!
The original thread if read correctly tells my drivetrain....my mileage....my trim...my year...my make and model...transmission type..transmission setup and also includes the problems I am having. Here are ways you can improve your forum other than just your "basic requirements" upon first post.
1.) Don't be a troll to the new-comers.
2.) Make a "questionnaire" when creating a forum sub-post.
3.) Make a dropdown for problem areas..engine drivline...suspension...electrical..
4.)Have the questionnaire include recent work...the kind of problems. Any DTC's or MIL's? And which trouble codes.
5.) Be directed to sub categories.

If you do not have the admin privileges to help code in php nuke or java..which I doubt you do because your just a moderator and I get it..following rules. It must be a huge annoyance when someone asks for help without providing information your way. Than I suggest a softer approach and to take into consideration any affiliates also monitoring this forums customer base to ensure satisfaction to keep donations rolling so we don't have website not found mishaps.

I had provided information on my first post not even have acknowledged forum "requirements". As a technician I know what information is needed in diagnostic approaches.

I hope this helps direct a path for future new comers and how they should be approached. Respect is a two way street.

Now onto my issues.
jeep5253 likes this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-01-2017, 03:57 AM
Super Moderator

4WD
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creek View Post
I guess we know now that the questionnaire is not required to make a first post.
Apparently not.

What can I say - the administrators had me under the impression that it was - and this is the first new member that managed not to get it right.

Last edited by Big Blue; 10-01-2017 at 04:42 AM.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-01-2017, 04:11 AM
Super Moderator

4WD
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnyminkler View Post
Big man on campus...sorry that I didn't get the questionnaire on the first post!
The original thread if read correctly tells my drivetrain....my mileage....my trim...my year...my make and model...transmission type..transmission setup and also includes the problems I am having. Here are ways you can improve your forum other than just your "basic requirements" upon first post.
1.) Don't be a troll to the new-comers.
2.) Make a "questionnaire" when creating a forum sub-post.
3.) Make a dropdown for problem areas..engine drivline...suspension...electrical..
4.)Have the questionnaire include recent work...the kind of problems. Any DTC's or MIL's? And which trouble codes.

5.) Be directed to sub categories.

If you do not have the admin privileges to help code in php nuke or java..which I doubt you do because your just a moderator and I get it..following rules. It must be a huge annoyance when someone asks for help without providing information your way. Than I suggest a softer approach and to take into consideration any affiliates also monitoring this forums customer base to ensure satisfaction to keep donations rolling so we don't have website not found mishaps.

I had provided information on my first post not even have acknowledged forum "requirements". As a technician I know what information is needed in diagnostic approaches.

I hope this helps direct a path for future new comers and how they should be approached. Respect is a two way street.

Now onto my issues.
You know, I really do try my best to help out the new members as much as I can and make them feel welcome........but then, every once in a while, someone like this shows up.

"Big man on campus"........Really?

REQUIRED READING - Mandatory New Member questionnaire; New Members - READ!!!

1) There is a REQUIRED READING - Mandatory New Member questionnaire sticky, right at the very top of the new member section sub-forum which you obviously did not read - just like you did not read and properly complete the mandatory questionnaire until I pointed it out to you.

2) As far as your resume goes, I'm a network administrator myself, so, I'm really not interested in hearing about your credentials as a "technician".

3) Now onto the bigger issue;

Other than the fact you managed to screw up your first post - because you didn't read the required reading that is clearly posted in "stickies" at the top of the new member section BEFORE you posted, your snide, condescending remarks toward me aren't appreciated - and if you think for 1 second your response to me is acceptable conduct on this forum, you have grossly miscalculated.

4) If telling you what you did wrong, in your mind, qualifies as "being a troll to the new-comers" you definitely need to re-think your position.

5) You are (or were) a new member here and you actually have the audacity to try and tell me what information the new member questionnaire should have in it?

Based on what - your whole 6 hours of membership here?

6) You suggest "a softer approach and to take into consideration any affiliates also monitoring this forums customer base to ensure satisfaction to keep donations rolling so we don't have website not found mishaps"???

Strike 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6.......I hope you consider "a softer approach" on the next forum you land on - and just maybe, you might last more than a day.

Happy Trails.

Last edited by Big Blue; 10-03-2017 at 05:31 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > New Member Section

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in