Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2008
Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 5.7L V-8 Hemi
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Current Mileage: 146,919
New member from Central New York

My 08 Commander Limited is my second Commander. My first one was a 06 base that was a lease. I bought this 08 Limited to replace my 09 Wrangler Unlimited that was t-boned Oct 13 while driving for Uber. By getting a black Commander Limited, I've upgraded from Uber X to Uber XL, Uber Black and Uber SUV in one move. It does have some issues though. The upstream O2 sensors and catalytic converters have been replaced, and now the downstream sensors need to be replaced. The transmission and 4wd system need serviced. I am getting 17_18.5 hwy mpg, but hope to improve that with E3 spark plugs and MSD coil packs. I also plan to install new Monroe struts and a 2" lift kit and heavy duty shocks as well as retractable running boards. I'm also considering having all the chrome trim and wheels re-plated with black chrome next summer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-04-2017, 01:05 AM Thread Starter

Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 5.7L V-8 Hemi
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Current Mileage: 146,919
Additional info

Hi all. My name is Eugene, but my nickname is Rusty. I've owned several other Jeeps in addition to the two Commanders mentioned in my first post. I've owned a '84 CJ7, an '86 full size Grand Cherokee, a '94 Grand Cherokee, a 2000 Grand Cherokee and currently own a 74 full size 2-door Cherokee with a 401 c.i., which is my restoration project.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-04-2017, 03:21 AM
Super Moderator
Points: 21,465, Level: 92 Points: 21,465, Level: 92 Points: 21,465, Level: 92
Level up: 12% Level up: 12% Level up: 12%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Trim Package: Sport
Power-Train: 4.7L V-8
4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-II
Current Mileage: 102,100
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Rusty View Post
Hi all. My name is Eugene, but my nickname is Rusty. I've owned several other Jeeps in addition to the two Commanders mentioned in my first post. I've owned a '84 CJ7, an '86 full size Grand Cherokee, a '94 Grand Cherokee, a 2000 Grand Cherokee and currently own a 74 full size 2-door Cherokee with a 401 c.i., which is my restoration project.
@Commander Rusty

Welcome to the forum;

Please COMPLETE YOUR PROFILE.

Please click on the following links and read them in their entirety - and respond accordingly, BEFORE you post ANYTHING ELSE on the forum.

REQUIRED READING!!! New Member Introduction post & other important new member info.

REQUIRED READING!!! Mandatory New Member Profile questions that MUST be answered.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > New Member Section

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in