Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Calgary Alberta Canada
Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2006
Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 5.7L V-8 Hemi
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Current Mileage: 140,000
New Commander owner in Canada / Alberta
Hello fellow Commander owners!
Just bought a 2006 Limited with QDII and every option that I know of except nav. Pretty excited about it. This Commander is going to double as daily driver and family overland vehicle.
- 230,000 Km's ( 140,000 miles )
- Good cosmetic shape. Notable defects are a rip in the drive seat and two dime sized rust spots around the rear license plate.
- Light Khaki color. Not my favorite, but not that bad!
- buy wheel spacers ( already have them. 1.5" )
- I will buy OME HD coils
- upsize the tires
- fabricate my own front and rear bumper with swingout tire carrier
- fabricate roof rack
- fix small rust spots on tail gate ( I have an HVLP gun and a compressor to paint it )
Current work being done (by me)
- replace passenger side mirror
- replace EGR, plugs, crank and cam position sensor, t-stat, coolant temp sensor, all fluids
- Install double din touch screen stereo into my 1.5 din hole (some fabricating required)
I'll post pictures in this thread once I get the permissions to do so.
Look forward to chatting in these forums!