Model year: 2007
Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 5.7L V-8 Hemi
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Current Mileage: 110,000
Garage
Greetings from Vegas

New member from southern Nevada, Vegas Baby! I've been into the off roading, camping, hunting, wheeling for most of my life. My last rig was a 2011 Xterra that proved to be more than capable, my wife daily drives it, so I was often stuck at home with a pretty little sports car when the mountains were calling. I'm a self taught mechanic, DIYer type and usually other than pulling apart a transmission few jobs actually scare me. I've rebuilt VW 1600 engines since I was 8 years old, work as an IT Admin by trade, work construction on the side and am in general pretty handy... or at least that is what I consider myself.

I finally pulled the trigger in selling my G35 coupe and purchasing something more versatile. I found what I consider to be a great deal on a 2007 Commander Limited with all the bells and whistles; the Hemi and probably most importantly QD-II. I haven't even gotten this thing registered but I am just beyond excited to get started.

What got me really excited for this rig in particular was that:

1) It was owned by an elderly couple who paid for a life time service plan and had all her work down at the dealership, she had all the service records... ALL
2) It looks like the interior has never been used
3) It already had KO2's on it in the OEM size (but now I can't justify getting steel wheels and new tires since these only have about 1k on them)

My plans in the coming weeks:

1) License plates
2) Plastidip the plastic metalic bits, I'm just not a fan
3) RC 2" lift
4) Let her rip

Anyways, here are some pictures. I'm looking forward to being a part of this community.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-30-2018, 09:04 AM
Super Moderator
Points: 24,033, Level: 94 Points: 24,033, Level: 94 Points: 24,033, Level: 94
Level up: 69% Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2008
Trim Package: Sport
Power-Train: 4.7L V-8
4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-II
Current Mileage: 101,200
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccg1018 View Post
New member from southern Nevada, Vegas Baby! I've been into the off roading, camping, hunting, wheeling for most of my life. My last rig was a 2011 Xterra that proved to be more than capable, my wife daily drives it, so I was often stuck at home with a pretty little sports car when the mountains were calling. I'm a self taught mechanic, DIYer type and usually other than pulling apart a transmission few jobs actually scare me. I've rebuilt VW 1600 engines since I was 8 years old, work as an IT Admin by trade, work construction on the side and am in general pretty handy... or at least that is what I consider myself
@ccg1018;

Welcome to the forum;

My XK had 62,000 miles on it when I bought it in July of 2014 and was traded in by the original owner who was a 66 year old woman who had not done 1 single modification to it, so, I understand your excitement about yours being traded in by an elderly couple.

Here are some links to help you out if you want to do upgrades or repairs to your XK;

Chrysler/Jeep Factory Parts: http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/...ukey_make=1064

Cheapest factory Parts: Find OEM BMW, Fiat, Ford, GM, Mopar, Nissan, Subaru & Toyota Parts & Accessories

JeepinByAl: JBAoffroad.com

JustforJeeps.com - http://www.justforjeeps.com/?gclid=C...9i0hoCSS7w_wcB

Rough County lift kits - Suspension Lift Kits, Body Lifts, Leveling Kit, 4x4, Jeep, Chevy, Dodge, Ford, Off-road Truck | Rough Country Suspension SystemsŪ

AFE: Advanced FLOW Engineering | Engineered Adrenaline

CARiD.com - http://www.carid.com/?gclid=CjwKEAjw...NrrxoCEBbw_wcB

Bilstein shocks & struts - Home

The Steel Armadillo - Jeep Commander (XK/HK) 2006-2010

WAM Custom Bumpers - https://wambumpers.com/

4WheelParts.com - Truck Parts & Jeep Parts - Lift Kits, Winches, Tonneau Covers, Tires, Wheels, Bumpers, Performance ? 4 Wheel Parts

RockAuto - http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/j...catalog%2Fjeep

Also, please read this if you haven't done so already - lots of good information in here;

REQUIRED READING!!! New Member Introduction post & other important new member info.

Thanks and again, welcome aboard.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Big Blue; 03-30-2018 at 11:26 AM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-31-2018, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
Points: 1,241, Level: 19 Points: 1,241, Level: 19 Points: 1,241, Level: 19
Level up: 41% Level up: 41% Level up: 41%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

4WD
Garage
Some updates:

Being a millennial is hard. I’m 26, squeaky clean driving record credit score in the high 700s. GEICO kept sending me emails saying I qualified for the same rate as my father since I’d been in his insurance for the last 7 years. I got a quote for the Commander, $150 a month for full coverage.

I quoted myself as the registered owner under my fathers plan, $75 a month for the same coverage. Needless to say I opted to add myself to my father’s plan.

I went into the DMV with proof of insurance, title and emissions testing complete. I passed the initial screening at the counter. I wait 6 hours...

After channeling my inner cowboy through a Longmire marathon on Netflix, it finally becomes time to complete the paperwork, the clerk tells me she cannot legally register the car in my name because although the vehicle is insured and I am on the policy (I brought in other documents) my name has to be on the proof of insurance. Guess I’m spending Saturday at the DMV too! What a weekend!

Anyways, I got to moving my manly stuff from the X and into the Jeep including my Cobra handheld radio. I was relieved my Diamond antenna mounting kit worked on the Commander. Can’t wait to see some dirt.

Should have been a cowboy...

Last edited by Big Blue; 03-31-2018 at 03:03 PM.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-31-2018, 03:07 PM
Super Moderator
Points: 24,033, Level: 94 Points: 24,033, Level: 94 Points: 24,033, Level: 94
Level up: 69% Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Model year: 2008
Trim Package: Sport
Power-Train: 4.7L V-8
4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-II
Current Mileage: 101,200
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccg1018 View Post
Anyways, I got to moving my manly stuff from the X and into the Jeep including my Cobra handheld radio. I was relieved my Diamond antenna mounting kit worked on the Commander. Can’t wait to see some dirt.
Trust me, you are going to see ALL THE DIRT on that nice shiny WHITE Commander............LOL.

Last edited by Big Blue; 03-31-2018 at 03:10 PM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-02-2018, 09:32 PM Thread Starter

4WD
Garage
I got plates! Ran my Cobra Cb, tuned the antenna and what not.

Purchased and installed a PAC AAI-CHY Dual Auxiliary Audio Input, I ran an AUX cord down under the steering wheel and paired it to a cheap aux to Bluetooth adapter so I can get my cowboy tunes on.

I also saw some dirt. Purposely tested the QD-II and for science ended up on two wheels at a few points. Wish I would have taken pictures. Not sure why but I love dirty AT tires. Almost like they're meant to be that way.

Last edited by ccg1018; 04-02-2018 at 10:38 PM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-02-2018, 10:39 PM Thread Starter

4WD
Garage

Last edited by ccg1018; 04-03-2018 at 09:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > New Member Section

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in