Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2007
Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 3.0L CRD
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Current Mileage: 61000
A Big Hello To All Members

Many thanks to Big Blue and others involved in running the site administration for allowing my membership to the community.

I hope to be able to have many interesting chats with existing members in the near future and to be able to contribute as time goes on.

I recently purchased my 3.0L Commander on an 07 plate here in the UK with F.S.H @ 61,000 miles and am thoroughly enjoying the driving experience whenever the

opportunity arises !

Currently , this is usually only at weekends due to working full time during the week as a White Goods Service Engineer out on the road in London in a manual Ford

Transit, van !

My limited version Commander is Gunmetal in Colour and a virgin vehicle apart from an aftermarket tow bar fitted by the previous owner.

The kids love the factory fitted rear DVD system and recently we purchased a Nintendo for games use through IR headphones that I managed to find on Ebay.

The sunroof is an added bonus allowing stargazing with big binoculars in arm chair seating !

I also run Ham Radio from the...... "truck " and work multi band worldwide communication while out and about on days off and look forward to possible off road use

soon to try out the capabilities !

I look forward to hearing from anyone who receives this thread and wish you a happy and safe motoring experience.

Kind regards

........Mark.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 08:08 AM
Super Moderator
Points: 20,980, Level: 91 Points: 20,980, Level: 91 Points: 20,980, Level: 91
Level up: 26% Level up: 26% Level up: 26%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Model year: 2008
Trim Package: Sport
Power-Train: 4.7L V-8
4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-II
Current Mileage: 102,100
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markwilliam 12345 View Post
Many thanks to Big Blue and others involved in running the site administration for allowing my membership to the community.

I hope to be able to have many interesting chats with existing members in the near future and to be able to contribute as time goes on.

I recently purchased my 3.0L Commander on an 07 plate here in the UK with F.S.H @ 61,000 miles and am thoroughly enjoying the driving experience whenever the

opportunity arises !

Currently , this is usually only at weekends due to working full time during the week as a White Goods Service Engineer out on the road in London in a manual Ford

Transit, van !

My limited version Commander is Gunmetal in Colour and a virgin vehicle apart from an aftermarket tow bar fitted by the previous owner.

The kids love the factory fitted rear DVD system and recently we purchased a Nintendo for games use through IR headphones that I managed to find on Ebay.

The sunroof is an added bonus allowing stargazing with big binoculars in arm chair seating !

I also run Ham Radio from the...... "truck " and work multi band worldwide communication while out and about on days off and look forward to possible off road use

soon to try out the capabilities !

I look forward to hearing from anyone who receives this thread and wish you a happy and safe motoring experience.

Kind regards

........Mark.
@Markwilliam 12345;

Welcome to the forum; Post some pics of your Commander when you're able.

Funny you should mention that you have a HAM radio in your XK as that is one modification I have been pondering for some time now and I plan on having that install done in the next few months.

We have a few other UK Commander owners here:

@PhilCommanderPayne; @CP07 & @Dutchak just to name a few, so, I'm sure you'll feel right at home.

Welcome aboard.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Big Blue; 08-21-2018 at 08:34 AM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 11:36 AM
Points: 914, Level: 16 Points: 914, Level: 16 Points: 914, Level: 16
Level up: 14% Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Model year: 2006
4WD
Current Mileage: 120000
Welcome aboard.

Im looking into a radio for my commander, not upto HAM spec, something like a Midland Mini (CB).

Been looking out for infra red headphones for a while, the rear DVD screen keeps the Grand Kids occupied but they are obsessed with 'the Lorax'
at the moment, which due to slight mod to the satnav /radio/cd player can be listened to via the main sound system, so far so good, but raises the issue of 'street cred' and the wisdom of driving what friends of the earth and greenpeace regard as the devil incarnate (on wheels, a 3l diesel) while listening to a diabetic coma inducing kids film with a strong environmental message.makes a change from Moana though.

There is a huge knowledge base on the forum.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1
Level up: 31% Level up: 31% Level up: 31%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

4WD
Hi to both Big Blue and CP07!

Thank you both for the replies ...I have been licensed since 1982 and have a full class A license. I am using a lip mount on the rear door near side with an ft897d / ATAS ......Plenty of grounding between panels / doors ! Real fun out on the road ...although only listening while driving for safety...reasons !! Funny though as over here in the UK the law does not restrict use of radio kit only / microphones ,,,but Mobile phones come into their own category on restriction for use ...although the "boys in blue" would surely pull me over if seen handling the microphone and take me for undue care and attention O.T.R .......LOL !

I started on AM CB radio use here in the UK at the age of 11 .....now 52 !! my my how the years progress !!

I will definitely post some photos of the truck soon for your perusal and do enjoy having the DVD player working as it gives me so much "peace and quiet "from the ,middle row viz a viz IR headphones ......they are well worth the purchase if you can get hold of some !

Mine were brand new in the box UK supplied 70 quid the pair so really a bit of a bargain methinks !

Enjoy Moana !

Mark !!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1
Level up: 31% Level up: 31% Level up: 31%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

4WD
Sorry should read FT857D / ATAS !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > New Member Section

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in