Model year: 2007
Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 5.7L V-8 Hemi
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Current Mileage: 105000
Greetings from Czech Republic

Greetings fellow Commanders!

Just bought my second Jeep, a Commander obviously... It is a 2007 5.7 HEMI Limited with roughly 105.000 miles on the ODO... I'm now waiting for the registration, until then I cannot drive it, but once the registration is complete, I will post some pics.

The history of this car:
Manufactured in January 2007, sold in the Swiss in March 2007, imported to Slovakia in 2012 with roughly 75.000 miles on the ODO, since then in the hands of one owner - a guy who is specializing in Jeep servicing, upgrades and building (I've seen some crazy stuff at his backyard, like JKU on portal axles - not that he would do such crazy thing, but the owner had his JKU modified to accommodate for the portals, but soon found out, that it is nearly impossible to drive, so this guy is modifying it to at least be able to drive ).

This guy, this service guy, was driving this Commander for 6 years, taking good care of the vehicle. It has new water pump, new thermostat, new AC radiator, new torque converter, new AC lines, the exhaust manifold bolts have been re-torqued recently etc... All preventive maintenance (I've seen the lines, they were still working, but he changed them anyway). The driver seat is not torn, the buttons on the dashboard are not damaged, it is overall in very good shape.

So now, imported to Czech Republic, it is in my hands... In hands of a guy who recently pulled engine of his Jeep Grand Cherokee ZJ and tries to figure out how to put it all back together... Just kidding, I have it on video, so I will figure it out, sooner or later...

Looking forward to read the content of this forum, thank you all for posting and sharing, much appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 08:38 AM
Super Moderator
Points: 20,846, Level: 90 Points: 20,846, Level: 90 Points: 20,846, Level: 90
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2008
Trim Package: Sport
Power-Train: 4.7L V-8
4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-II
Current Mileage: 102,100
Garage
@CmdrOrvis;

Welcome to the forum, thanks for the proper, well-written introduction;

Post some pics of your Commander when you're able to, looking forward to seeing it.

It's usually good buying a vehicle from a mechanic because more often than not, they have been well-maintained.

Also, please read this if you haven't done so already:

https://www.jeepcommander.com/forums...mber-info.html

Thanks & again, Welcome aboard.
CmdrOrvis likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Big Blue; 08-21-2018 at 08:41 AM.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 11:43 AM Thread Starter
Points: 275, Level: 5 Points: 275, Level: 5 Points: 275, Level: 5
Level up: 50% Level up: 50% Level up: 50%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

4WD
@Big Blue
Thank you for a warm welcome! I've just read the rules and I will therefore use this thread to try to reach the post count...

I will try that by saying something more about me:
I'm 45 years old, living in a small village called Starư Jičín (pronounced Staree ˈjɪtʃiːn) located in the north eastern part of the Czech Republic. I am self employed, working in sales for nearly 20 years.

I have one wife, three kids, two dogs, two cats and two Jeeps... My daily driver is BMW 330 and my wife also drives a Vespa...Jeeps are a passion and a hobby and one of the reasons I bought my first Jeep was me missing a big engines... When you stay in the USandA for some time, you get used to those mighty naturally aspirated engines. Then you come back to Europe and mostly see these funny stupid little engines, like 1.2 or 1.4, three cylinder turbo charged proofs of EU government ignorance... Owning a Jeep is in a way my rebellion against this eco nonsense...

Last edited by CmdrOrvis; 08-21-2018 at 12:48 PM.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 11:56 AM Thread Starter

4WD
About my first Jeep:

I bought my first Jeep two years ago... It was 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.2 Orvis edition. I was looking for an Orvis for over 8 months... During that time, I've found only three in the entire Europe... I bought the third one and I love it!

I recently (three months ago) pulled the engine, repaired the plenum gasket, removed the divider in the intake manifold, changed some other gaskets, repaired some old damages, removed lot of rust, painted some hard to reach areas, changed the gas tank straps, fuel pressure regulator and filter, shocks, removed exhaust manifold and installed Doug Thorley headers and lots of other minor repairs... Here are some pics...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0993.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	496.3 KB
ID:	32825   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0994.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	502.3 KB
ID:	32827   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0221.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	516.0 KB
ID:	32829   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0606.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	516.5 KB
ID:	32831  
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 12:14 PM Thread Starter

4WD
Where was I? Oh, the post count... :-) Back to my intro:

I forgot my name: My name is Frankie

My other hobbies are also watches, guns, chess and poker...

Owning a gun in czech Republic is somewhat difficult, but not so difficult as for example in UK, Netherland or Washington DC (if they didn't change the status quo). You need to pass a written exam (very difficult one), pass a test of your shooting skills and pass a test of safe gun operation... After that, you are allowed to buy a gun. BUT, you can only buy hand gun or single action weapons. If you want a semi auto, you need an approval from local police. If you want full auto, you are probably out of luck, those are virtually impossible to get here...
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 02:36 PM
Super Moderator

4WD
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrOrvis View Post
Where was I? Oh, the post count... :-) Back to my intro:

I forgot my name: My name is Frankie

My other hobbies are also watches, guns, chess and poker...

Owning a gun in czech Republic is somewhat difficult, but not so difficult as for example in UK, Netherland or Washington DC (if they didn't change the status quo). You need to pass a written exam (very difficult one), pass a test of your shooting skills and pass a test of safe gun operation... After that, you are allowed to buy a gun. BUT, you can only buy hand gun or single action weapons. If you want a semi auto, you need an approval from local police. If you want full auto, you are probably out of luck, those are virtually impossible to get here...
Thanks for telling us a little more about yourself.

I have a few guns of my own, so, I can relate to some of your interests.

Nice pics of the Grand Cherokee Frankie - no pics of your Commander??

Interesting info about the Orvis Edition - to be honest with you, I have not heard of it before.

This is my 3rd Jeep; Previously I had a 1995 2 door Cherokee SE Sport which was only 2WD with the 4.0L straight 6 cylinder engine which had 228,000 miles on it when I traded it in and bought a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo WK Rocky Mountain Edition with the 3.7L V-6 in 2011;

My 2008 Grand Cherokee was totaled in 2014 by a Ford Econoline Van that ran a red light and broad-sided me in the passengers side door going about 40 MPH.

Bound and determined not to repeat my past mistakes, Big Blue is my 1st Jeep with a V-8 which I bought in August of 2014.

Last edited by Big Blue; 08-21-2018 at 02:49 PM.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 03:02 PM
Points: 4,853, Level: 44 Points: 4,853, Level: 44 Points: 4,853, Level: 44
Level up: 52% Level up: 52% Level up: 52%
Activity: 31% Activity: 31% Activity: 31%

Model year: 2006
2WD
If 4WD - system: QT-I
Current Mileage: 253,000
I had a Grand Cherokee, Orvis Edition just like that one. Even was the same color interior and exterior as yours. The leather interior was very nice.
I would still have it to this day,but it was totaled a few years ago.That vehicle was pretty much indestructible.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy, using speech to text
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 03:23 PM Thread Starter

4WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue View Post
Thanks for telling us a little more about yourself.

I have a few guns of my own, so, I can relate to some of your interests.

Nice pics of the Grand Cherokee Frankie - no pics of your Commander??

Interesting info about the Orvis Edition - to be honest with you, I have not heard of it before.

This is my 3rd Jeep; Previously I had a 1995 2 door Cherokee SE Sport which was only 2WD with the 4.0L straight 6 cylinder engine which had 228,000 miles on it when I traded it in and bought a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo WK Rocky Mountain Edition with the 3.7L V-6 in 2011;

My 2008 Grand Cherokee was totaled in 2014 by a Ford Econoline Van that ran a red light and broad-sided me in the passengers side door going about 40 MPH.

Bound and determined not to repeat my past mistakes, Big Blue is my 1st Jeep with a V-8 which I bought in August of 2014.
Yeah, guns are a nice talking point... What do you have? I only have three: CZ P-07 9mm Luger, Enfield L1A1 .308 and Anschutz 54 Match (I do competition shooting with that one)

I don't have pictures of my Comm yet... I just imported it from Slovakia, left it at home and went on a business trip... I should be home for weekend, I will try to take some pics... Problem is, I need to wait for the registration and cannot drive it, therefore the pics would be from an ugly place (I parked it at my wifes work). Give me two weeks, I will finish the registration, clean it and post pics...

Orvis is quite rare... There was only 15.000 of them produced... I wanted one really bad... They've got the UpCountry suspension, skid plates, special green/beige color leather interior and some other minor improvements...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spraygun View Post
I had a Grand Cherokee, Orvis Edition just like that one. Even was the same color interior and exterior as yours. The leather interior was very nice.
I would still have it to this day,but it was totaled a few years ago.That vehicle was pretty much indestructible.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy, using speech to text
What a pity... Orvis is beautiful and I feel sorry for your loss... I've seen a video on Youtube, where guy gets a very very nice Orvis at junkyard a decides to completely destroy it... I felt so sad...
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 05:07 PM
Super Moderator

4WD
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrOrvis View Post
Yeah, guns are a nice talking point... What do you have? I only have three: CZ P-07 9mm Luger, Enfield L1A1 .308 and Anschutz 54 Match (I do competition shooting with that one)

I don't have pictures of my Comm yet... I just imported it from Slovakia, left it at home and went on a business trip... I should be home for weekend, I will try to take some pics... Problem is, I need to wait for the registration and cannot drive it, therefore the pics would be from an ugly place (I parked it at my wifes work). Give me two weeks, I will finish the registration, clean it and post pics...

Orvis is quite rare... There was only 15.000 of them produced... I wanted one really bad... They've got the UpCountry suspension, skid plates, special green/beige color leather interior and some other minor improvements...

What a pity... Orvis is beautiful and I feel sorry for your loss... I've seen a video on Youtube, where guy gets a very very nice Orvis at junkyard a decides to completely destroy it... I felt so sad...
I have a Glock 21 Slimframe .45; a Ruger .22 rifle for small game; a Marlin 30-06 with a nice scope on it for larger game and one other beauty that I won't discuss here - but she's a gem and very hard to come by, got it from a former special ops buddy of mine.

Looking forward to seeing the pics of your XK after you get her registered and all cleaned up.

Last edited by Big Blue; 08-21-2018 at 05:22 PM.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-07-2018, 11:22 AM Thread Starter

4WD
OK, I finally got my Comm registered and was able to drive to the car wash and here are some pictures:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1032.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	472.1 KB
ID:	32909   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1028.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	229.6 KB
ID:	32911   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1026.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	267.9 KB
ID:	32913   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1029.jpg
Size:	249.9 KB
ID:	32915   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1025.jpg
Size:	287.3 KB
ID:	32917  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > New Member Section

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in