Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2006
Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 4.7L V-8
4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-II
Current Mileage: 177545
Newish commander owner

Just picked up a 06 4.7 limited commander. Been customizing it for the past 6 months. I love the truck. Just did the front fender flare mod installed a roof rack this week. Cut a little of the front bumper will do more tomorrow. I had rear quarter armor made plan on putting it on tomorrow. Also picked up some doors just need a drivers door for a half door project. I also picked up rc 2" lift gonna get some billsteins and get this beast off her belly... Anyways hi and hope y'all like. I plan on customizing this jeep a lot more.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0921181521_1537761956646.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	499.3 KB
ID:	33017   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180923_171306_563_1537761988735.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	33019   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180923_171306_569_1537762010177.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	33021  
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2018-09-23-22-56-39-1_1537761902742.jpg (11.6 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2018-09-23-22-55-13-1_1537761928853.jpg (12.6 KB, 36 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 08:16 AM
Super Moderator
Points: 23,354, Level: 94 Points: 23,354, Level: 94 Points: 23,354, Level: 94
Level up: 1% Level up: 1% Level up: 1%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Model year: 2008
Trim Package: Sport
4WD
Current Mileage: 101,200
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417commander View Post
Just picked up a 06 4.7 limited commander. Been customizing it for the past 6 months. I love the truck. Just did the front fender flare mod installed a roof rack this week. Cut a little of the front bumper will do more tomorrow. I had rear quarter armor made plan on putting it on tomorrow. Also picked up some doors just need a drivers door for a half door project. I also picked up rc 2" lift gonna get some billsteins and get this beast off her belly... Anyways hi and hope y'all like. I plan on customizing this jeep a lot more.
@417commander; Welcome to the forum; Please complete your user profile as directed below;

REQUIRED READING!!! New Member Introduction post & other important new member info.

Hello new members. Please allow me to welcome you to jeepcommander.com; We want you to enjoy your time here, share your experiences and hopefully learn more about your Jeep Commander by reading the valuable information that is provided and shared here among our members;

Now, that being said, first & foremost we need you to ensure you, as new members, take the following steps and adhere to the forum rules & guidelines that have been put in place;

If you are a new member and first time poster - YOU MUST LOG-IN FROM A DESKTOP OR LAPTOP COMPUTER. There are new member profile questions that must be answered prior to posting and they can only be viewed and answered if you are logged in from a desktop or laptop computer - THEY CAN NOT BE VIEWED OR ANSWERED IF YOU ARE LOGGED IN ON A SMART PHONE USING THE MOBILE VIEW APP.

If you post your 1st post/new member introduction without completing your profile by answering all of your user profile questions properly - your post will be deleted and you will be issued a forum infraction. Failure to complete your user profile as directed, will result in being banned from the forum for violation of forum rules for a period of time to be determined by the Forum Moderators. The ban may range from 30 days to a permanent ban from the forum, depending on the circumstances.

To answer your profile questions, Click on your username and select the "View Public Profile" tab and click on "About Me" and you will see the questions that need to be answered to update your user profile information.

Completing your user profile is mandatory - failure to do so will result in disciplinary action which can include being banned from the forum for non-compliance & violation of forum rules.

When properly completed, you will see the following information displayed underneath your username/avatar like this, displaying your Commander's relevant information;

2WD or 4WD: 4WD
Current Mileage: 86,500

Once your profile has been completed, our community would certainly like to get to know you better, so, please take the time to post an introduction thread in the new member section.

This is required and an accepted practice, here in our Jeep Commander community.

PLEASE: Do not post your introduction in another persons thread; your introduction should be your own "New Member" thread that you've created.

Please tell us your name & where you are from; Then you can follow up with other information like the year, trim package, color, power-train, and 4WD system of the Commander you own - or the Commander you are looking for.

Current mileage and any modifications completed would also be useful information to share.

UNTIL YOU REACH A PRE-DETERMINED POST COUNT - You will only be able to post in the New Member Section - but you can read any thread or post in any sub-forum.

Once you hit that pre-determined post count (which is not very high) your full user privileges will automatically kick-in and you will be able to post in the entire forum - including all of the sub-forums and you will also be able to post photos, URLs & hyperlinks.

When posting or uploading images - please don't upload or post anything larger than 1024 x 768 pixels because it bogs down the site and the image will take forever to load/open.

Since Photobucket started charging $400.00 a year for 3rd party image hosting, a lot of members have been asking for an alternative FREE 3rd party image hosting website - so here is a pretty good one:

https://imgur.com/

Our community is a wealth of information and we are always happy to help people in their quest to learn about the Commander they have just bought - or the Commander they are looking for.

To Anybody who is Looking to buy a Commander;

You can check to see if all of the factory recalls & campaigns have been completed for the Commander you're looking at (or for the Commander you have already bought) by clicking on the hyperlink below & plugging in the VIN; If you are still looking and have not bought your Commander yet, I strongly recommend you do this BEFORE you buy it;

https://www.mopar.com/en-us/my-vehic...ls/search.html

To get the factory build sheet for the Commander you are looking at, or for the Commander you have already bought, click on the link below and navigate to "Your Vehicle" click on "Equipment Listing" and then enter your VIN number in the box that says "VIN" and hit "Search". The factory build sheet will list all of the factory options & optional preferred equipment packages that your vehicle had installed from the factory when it was built.

Dodge - Contact Us

Alternate Link: https://jeep.custhelp.com/app/jeep/eqlisting_detail/

The difference between a safety recall and a campaign is this; a safety recall pertains to a vehicle problem that is a safety concern; a campaign is a vehicle problem that is not a safety concern, but, pertains to customer satisfaction.

Additionally if you buy a Commander, and it didn't come with an owner's manual, you can download and print a factory owner's manual from this website; here is the link - and again, this is from the same website I listed above, just navigate to the point where you select "year" and "model" of the vehicle you want the owner's manual for:

https://www.mopar.com/jeep/en-us/my-...t-vehicle.html

This forum is also a great place for general jeep knowledge, since many of our members have owned (or still own) other makes and models of Jeeps as well, so, ALL Jeep owners are welcome here.

I'd like to wish you all a very warm welcome to JeepCommander.com and we hope you enjoy the forum.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Big Blue; 09-25-2018 at 08:19 AM.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 04:59 PM
Points: 333, Level: 6 Points: 333, Level: 6 Points: 333, Level: 6
Level up: 66% Level up: 66% Level up: 66%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Current Mileage: 92K
Looks great 417! What kind of roof rack is that?

Weeds are hard to kill.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 05:39 PM
Points: 3,984, Level: 40 Points: 3,984, Level: 40 Points: 3,984, Level: 40
Level up: 17% Level up: 17% Level up: 17%

4WD
Current Mileage: 120,000
Garage
Nice, I like the look of the cut fender flare...

I've been trying to find a local fabricator for some custom armor pieces, and maybe inner fender to replace the liner.

You get the idea of the cut fender somewhere?
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 06:22 PM Thread Starter
Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1
Level up: 72% Level up: 72% Level up: 72%

4WD
Thanks guys its a curt roof rack, and I found a big page on ultimate jeep something or other where Sal-xk did it so i found his youtube and shot some questions back and forth. Im really trying to get a one of a kind commander. So im sure you will all hear from me more often than not.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

4WD
I was super excited and nervous to try the fender flare mod. It takes some balls and some patients lol. anyway i can post closer pics of what all was cut if you guys are interested. I removed the inner fenders to accommodate a larger rim and tire and would like to make some fiberglass or metal inner fender wells. I'm gonna either trim a inch off the back flares and taper edges or i might get the clay out and make my own and cast a mold to make custom rear flares. My issue with trimming them is they only over hang the doors like an inch, if you cut to much off it'll look ugly seeing all the brackets and braces underneath. So i may make flatter flares with a smoother piece under it to cover the brackets. Anyways i'm just kicking around ideas trying to push the commander into a more aggressive beast i know she wants to be...
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

4WD
Anyone see this thing I love and hate it at the same time lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2018-09-23-21-30-10_1537832813777.jpg (8.2 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2018-09-23-21-29-49_1537832834388.jpg (9.3 KB, 31 views)
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 06:56 PM
Points: 3,984, Level: 40 Points: 3,984, Level: 40 Points: 3,984, Level: 40
Level up: 17% Level up: 17% Level up: 17%

4WD
Current Mileage: 120,000
Garage
Yeah that's cool man. It sucks the aftermarket products available for the XK is like virtually nonexistent.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 08:55 PM Thread Starter

4WD
Yea Idk why they dont make more products for us than they do.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-25-2018, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator
Points: 23,354, Level: 94 Points: 23,354, Level: 94 Points: 23,354, Level: 94
Level up: 1% Level up: 1% Level up: 1%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

4WD
Current Mileage: 101,200
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417commander View Post
Yea Idk why they dont make more products for us than they do.
It's not really that hard to figure out; Commanders were only in production for 5 years which is a very brief production period for any SUV.

That being said there are still many upgrades & after market components on the market; Here are some links to help you out if you want to do any future upgrades or repairs to your XK;

Chrysler/Jeep Factory Parts: http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/...ukey_make=1064

Cheapest factory Parts: Find OEM BMW, Fiat, Ford, GM, Mopar, Nissan, Subaru & Toyota Parts & Accessories

JeepinByAl: JBAoffroad.com

JustforJeeps.com - http://www.justforjeeps.com/?gclid=C...9i0hoCSS7w_wcB

Rough County lift kits - Suspension Lift Kits, Body Lifts, Leveling Kit, 4x4, Jeep, Chevy, Dodge, Ford, Off-road Truck | Rough Country Suspension SystemsŪ

AFE: Advanced FLOW Engineering | Engineered Adrenaline

CARiD.com - http://www.carid.com/?gclid=CjwKEAjw...NrrxoCEBbw_wcB

Bilstein shocks & struts - Home

The Steel Armadillo - Jeep Commander (XK/HK) 2006-2010

WAM Custom Bumpers - https://wambumpers.com/

4WheelParts.com - Truck Parts & Jeep Parts - Lift Kits, Winches, Tonneau Covers, Tires, Wheels, Bumpers, Performance ? 4 Wheel Parts

RockAuto - http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/j...catalog%2Fjeep

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > New Member Section

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in