Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2006
Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 4.7L V-8
4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-I
Current Mileage: 145000
Exclamation New Member here;

Compared to my Ford Excursion forum, not many people owning a Commander are posting.

We have an 2006 4x4 4.7 engine one with 70k mile tranny exchange, transfer case at 89k, now at 150k rear end bearings and 3rd gear popping up magic shift. OEM dealer we bought from exchanged idle sensor. A week later it pooped up again suddenly driving 65 at Interstate.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 10:41 PM
Super Moderator
Points: 21,500, Level: 92 Points: 21,500, Level: 92 Points: 21,500, Level: 92
Level up: 15% Level up: 15% Level up: 15%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Model year: 2008
Trim Package: Sport
4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-II
Current Mileage: 102,100
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhavl951 View Post
Compared to my Ford Excursion forum, not many people owning a Commander are posting.

We have an 2006 4x4 4.7 engine one with 70k mile tranny exchange, transfer case at 89k, now at 150k rear end bearings and 3rd gear popping up magic shift. OEM dealer we bought from exchanged idle sensor. A week later it pooped up again suddenly driving 65 at Interstate.

Any thoughts?
Welcome to the forum @jdhavl951; It would help if you went into a little more detail about the specific problem you are having currently, you're initial post seems a little scattered to me.

Are you receiving any DTC's in the EVIC? Have you tried the key dance (you just have to turn the key on/off 3 times and then leave it at run) to check?

Here is a Commander Transmission DTC reference guide that might be helpful:

https://www.transmissionrepaircostgu...sion-problems/

These Transmission DTC's pertain to both the 545RFE (V-8's) and the W5A580 (NAG1) (V-6's).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Big Blue; 08-11-2019 at 11:52 AM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 08:21 AM
Points: 86, Level: 1 Points: 86, Level: 1 Points: 86, Level: 1
Level up: 72% Level up: 72% Level up: 72%
Activity: 52% Activity: 52% Activity: 52%

4WD
Welcome to the forum jdhavl951!!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 09:28 AM
Points: 3,083, Level: 34 Points: 3,083, Level: 34 Points: 3,083, Level: 34
Level up: 22% Level up: 22% Level up: 22%
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Model year: 2007
Power-Train: 5.7L V-8 Hemi
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Current Mileage: 130k
i suppose by looking at the forum main page and last posting dates, one could say this forum is less active than others i've seen.

https://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/

some sections have more than a week between posts... i would say thats less active but thats just an observation.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 09:29 AM
Points: 3,083, Level: 34 Points: 3,083, Level: 34 Points: 3,083, Level: 34
Level up: 22% Level up: 22% Level up: 22%
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Model year: 2007
Power-Train: 5.7L V-8 Hemi
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Current Mileage: 130k
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhavl951 View Post

Any thoughts?

try taking it back again? what is the 3rd gear magic shift?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator
Points: 21,500, Level: 92 Points: 21,500, Level: 92 Points: 21,500, Level: 92
Level up: 15% Level up: 15% Level up: 15%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Model year: 2008
4WD
Current Mileage: 102,100
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by drm4633 View Post
i suppose by looking at the forum main page and last posting dates, one could say this forum is less active than others i've seen.

https://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/

some sections have more than a week between posts... i would say thats less active but thats just an observation.
@drm4633; I'd agree with you that there is not a lot of posting activity on this forum compared to some other forums you may frequent - but there are also other measurable types of activity; if you knew how many views/hits this forum gets a day, I guarantee you, you'd be surprised;

I'd estimate that 65-70% of the forum membership that join this forum now, do so solely to search for Commander related information and never post. We have members who have been here longer than me, who are on the forum almost every day reading, but never post. Other people come here just to read and never even bother registering as members.

Case in point, as I sit here typing this, there are 3 members and 501 guests that are online, actively viewing & reading this forum and this is early in the day, those numbers will only go up in the evening, after everyone gets home from work;

Call me crazy, but, that's pretty active in my opinion.

As far as posting activity goes, you have to keep things in perspective too; Lets face it, this is a very small community; We're talking about a vehicle that was only in production for 5 years and has been out of production for almost 10 years now.

Couple that with the fact that at this point in the forums existence, people come here more looking for information to answer their own questions, then they come here to actually post, contribute & socialize. 10 years ago, I'm sure the dynamic here was completely different and there were a lot more people posting, when Commanders were still somewhat new & much more plentiful then they are now.

As the years passed by, people have sold their Commanders - or they've had accidents and their XKs get totaled and they can't get parts anymore. Or the damage is so bad, they say the heck with it, figure it's not worth fixing and just buy a new SUV.

All things considered, I'm somewhat surprised, that this forum stays as active as it does.
brattrw likes this.

Last edited by Big Blue; 08-11-2019 at 05:58 PM.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 09:42 PM
Points: 97, Level: 1 Points: 97, Level: 1 Points: 97, Level: 1
Level up: 94% Level up: 94% Level up: 94%
Activity: 52% Activity: 52% Activity: 52%

Power-Train: 3.7L V-6
4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-I
Current Mileage: 186000
Garage
Welcome!

I'm new to the forums too. I am also new to the Commanders so I may be a statistical outlier as far as posting and asking questions. But, I do try to search for answers first. There is a lot of information on here. A great resource for new to Commander people... and probably old vets too.
Big Blue likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > New Member Section

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in