Jeep Commander Forum banner

Front end shake

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Big Blue 
#1 ·
I have an 09 commander 3.7 all time 4x4, anytime I'm going at a constant speed and very slighty try to accelerate my front end starts to vibrate and feels/ sounds like I'm running over a rumble strip. It's only when trying to accelerate very easily. Once I get on it and it down shifts it fine..let's say I'm coming to a hill and I easily get on the gas and it doesn't down shift it will start shaking until it down shifts. It almost seems like a drivetrain issue but I have no idea. Seems to come from front passenger side.

#2 · (Edited)
@Willisonlw;

Welcome to the forum; I'm assuming you are not receiving any DTC's since you didn't list any; My first question would be, have you crawled underneath the front end of your XK to look for any signs of an obvious problem? Something that looks out of place, damaged or broken?

Also, please update your user profile to show what the current mileage is on your Commander.....thank you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.