Jeep Commander Forum banner

"wobbling" brake in?

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  LIBERTYinLIBERTY 
#1 ·
Hi folks,
Have anyone noticed any pumping when braking in from low speed (40 km/h) to 0?
My 3,0 CRD late -07 (28000 km) do this constantly. You don't feel it on the pedal.
It reminds me of old days when your low quality rotors became oval.
Does anyone have noticed the same or does someone have some explanation to this?
:icon_confused:

#2 ·
Sounds like it may be your ABS working, but that should only happen during an emergency braking situation.

#4 ·
When I was test driving my 06 the deler brought that basic thing to my attention, he said it would clear up, as he was going to put on new pads and rotors. Frankly I could'nt notice it even after being told.

#5 ·
Wheel balancing did it for me 4 weeks ago, I got wobble / vibration at 50/60km after getting tire pressure sensors fitted by the dealer...they didn't even balance my tires after charging me circa $400 for 4 sensors and fitting.

Check the balancing first, I'll be suprised if the rotors are warped as they're vented! :)

#7 ·
I had the same problem and it ended up being warped rotors as well. I had them machined and it helped but didn't resolve completely, so I had to shell out a few hundred bucks for new rotors. They have a much shorter warrantee (I think it is 12,000 mile) than the bumber-to-bumper, so they weren't covered Chrysler.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.