Jeep Commander Forum banner

4.7L engine stalls

5K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  rblapham 
#1 ·
Hey guys, my commander stalls once every few weeks. Engine just dies while driving. Almost exclusively happens at freeway speeds. Its sudden, no warning. Running, running, running, bam, engine cuts out. Throw it in N while coasting and stars again immediately. It has had warranty work to correct this issue probably 20 times and every time they have never correctly fixed the issue at the Dealership. Check engine light is not on and has no DTC's when scanned. Lets pretend that it hasn't had any work done to alleviate this issue, what would you recommend. I have lifetime powertrain warranty through Chrysler and they can not solve this issue and they then proceeded to offer me $500 to trade it in after i paid $3000 for lifetime warranty in 2010 so basically since they cannot solve this issue the truck is worthless to them on a trade in and will offer a insulting $500. Im upset and need some help. Thanks guys.

Reactions: illonegraywolf
#2 ·
@Klaus Bartelt;

Welcome to the forum; So ideally you first post would have been a new member introduction in the new member section; You shouldn't have even been able to post anywhere but the new member section, until you reached 5 posts, so, I'll have to look into what's going on there.

Off the top of my head, I don't have answer for you, but hopefully someone else will chime in here; Give me a little time to try & search the forum and see what I can dig up that sounds like it might relate to your problem;

Thanks & again welcome aboard.

#7 · (Edited)
Did you put a MOPAR TPS in, or did you go aftermarket?

And my commander is Gas/Ethanol and at the bottom of the picture attached you can see that the MOPAR TPS says Gas next to it so I am wondering is there a dedicated Gas/Ethanol TPS?

Attachments

#10 ·
@paulantonio1976
Welcome to the forum.

The following is required of all forum members.

Please read this and fill in some of your details and make a signature with your Commander details. (year, model trim, engine, 4wd system, etc.) It is nice for us know what your Commander has in it so we can better help you.

To make or modify a Signature click here for instructions - Signature - How to make or modify

NEW MEMBER REQUIRED READING!!! Important New Member information, Forum requirements & Forum rules. | Jeep Commander Forum

To get the list of everything built into your Commander when built at the factory - have your VIN number (case sensitive) and go here Chrysler Build sheet - Equipment Listing Not necessarily for your signature but so you know what you have.

Also post an introduction in the "New Member" section. New Member Section

You can download a free Owner's Manual here--->Owner's Manual

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.