Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum (https://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/)
-   New Member Section (https://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/89-new-member-section/)
-   -   06 jeep commander (https://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/89-new-member-section/67530-06-jeep-commander.html)

Cliff Culbertson 10-03-2017 03:49 AM

06 jeep commander

New to this forum so I'm sorry if you all have seen and talk about these issues before and I just was able to find them. I just bought a 06 jc with a couple issues that I thought would be simple fixes but a couple failed attempts and finding nothing to help online led me here. First going into this all fuses and relay are good. My first problem is the cooling fan for the engine. I was told the check engine light was on because the fan stopped working and would cause the jc to start to over heat. After taking it to the dealership and several new parts they couldn't figure out why it wouldn't run so they bypassed the relay and wired the fan to the motor to just automatically turn on and off by turn key so it would always run when the motor was. This is a set up I don't like and the check engine light will remain on as long as it is like this. Also the front blower motor isn't blowing, it won't put any air out on any speed or temp. I replaced the motor but still no air. I thought about changing the resistor but after reading on here if the resistor is bad the fan should still work on high but it doesn't. Need some help please....

Big Blue 10-03-2017 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cliff Culbertson (Post 483338)
New to this forum so I'm sorry if you all have seen and talk about these issues before and I just was able to find them. I just bought a 06 jc with a couple issues that I thought would be simple fixes but a couple failed attempts and finding nothing to help online led me here. First going into this all fuses and relay are good. My first problem is the cooling fan for the engine. I was told the check engine light was on because the fan stopped working and would cause the jc to start to over heat. After taking it to the dealership and several new parts they couldn't figure out why it wouldn't run so they bypassed the relay and wired the fan to the motor to just automatically turn on and off by turn key so it would always run when the motor was. This is a set up I don't like and the check engine light will remain on as long as it is like this. Also the front blower motor isn't blowing, it won't put any air out on any speed or temp. I replaced the motor but still no air. I thought about changing the resistor but after reading on here if the resistor is bad the fan should still work on high but it doesn't. Need some help please....

@Cliff Culbertson ;

Welcome to the forum;

You should have read this before you started posting;

https://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/...tml#post482554

Please properly complete your new member questionnaire; This is a requirement to keep your membership in good standing;

It looks like you only answered one question on your new member questionnaire which is that your Commander is a 4WD.

We need all of this information up front to help you troubleshoot any issues you are having, that's why the new member questionnaire is part of the registration process.

Please answer ALL of the questions pertaining to information about your Jeep Commander, so that the information is properly displayed underneath your username;

It should look something like this;

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2008
Trim Package: Sport
Power-Train: 4.7L V-8
4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-II
Current Mileage: 86,000

The quicker you do this, the quicker we can try and answer your questions, thanks - and again welcome to the forum.

rblapham 10-04-2017 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cliff Culbertson (Post 483338)
Also the front blower motor isn't blowing, it won't put any air out on any speed or temp. I replaced the motor but still no air. I thought about changing the resistor but after reading on here if the resistor is bad the fan should still work on high but it doesn't. Need some help please....

It could still be the resistors, it may have cooked it so bad that the connections are bad also, then the blower would not work.

Creek 10-04-2017 08:38 AM

Does the motor run and change speeds, but no air comes out? If that is the case it sounds like a blend door gone bad.

Cliff Culbertson 10-05-2017 03:19 AM

No the motor doesn't run at all on any speed.

Creek 10-05-2017 06:59 AM

I assume you have checked to see if you have power at the plug for the motor.

Cliff Culbertson 10-08-2017 11:57 AM

Yes I have

Creek 10-08-2017 10:28 PM

I knew you would. Just had to ask.