Jeep Commander Forum banner

Driver's window problem

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  UK Commander 
#1 ·
Okay guys, when I roll up my driver's window, automatically (Like do the one-time push of the button so it goes the rest of the way on it's own), it will make it 3/4ths of the way up, then stop and roll back down. It will do this over and over again. If I hold the button, it will go up fine. Does this sound like some sort of wiring issue to you guys? It's been doing it for a few weeks now. Thanks.

#2 ·
#4 ·
Just make sure the dealer puts everything back together before leaving. I had the same problem with both windows. The dealership fixed it, but when I got home, the passenger could not get out. I guess they forgot to reconnect the handle to open the door. Then I had to drive 25 minutes back. Just my 2 cents.

#5 ·
I had the same problem on both windows in the front, the dealer had to change it 2 times. The window motor that they place the 1st time had the same problem with the original one. Make sure try it many times before you leave the dealership.

#6 ·
I had the same problem, It was driving me mad for months, finally the dealer replaced the window regulators and motors....now I'm happy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.