Jeep Commander Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

FS: Mopar Concept Roof Basket

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Big Blue 
#1 ·
For sale: Original Mopar Roof Basket, the same model that was featured on one of the XK concepts at SEMA years ago, but with the wind fairing still attached. These are rare and no longer available on the market, but one of the best basket options for the XK as they fit like a glove. I will include a set of crossbars if you need them, or desire an extra pair.

Asking $1,000 for local pickup in the Denver metro area. I'd prefer to not have to ship this beast, but if someone wants it bad enough, I'll see what I can do but buyer pays shipping. Thanks.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Sorry if that was confusing, I figured that would happen. It's not the particular unit that was actually on the roof of the concept XK, but it's the exact same model - just with the wind fairing attached. These were the original Mopar roof baskets available for sale from the Jeep accessory catalog when the XK first came out before they changed it to the Thule branded one. I wanted to identify that, because that's what makes this basket unique and rare. Thanks for looking.

#5 · (Edited)
Not trying to rain on your parade, but they are still available. I just bought a used one in Denver off Craigslist for $170.

http://moparpartsdept.com/accessori...hauling-carriers/carrier_basket_82210820.html
Well, that link lists them at $200.00 but that to me is a reasonable price - and that looks like the identical roof basket and those appear to be brand new.

$1,000.00 is a ridiculous asking price for a roof rack of any make or model.

I would like a detailed explanation as to how you justify that asking price @Airdog625 and where did this roof rack come from??

It's not listed on your original list of parts for sale from when you totaled your Commander back in November of 2016:

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums...-jeep-totaled-accessories-f-s.html#post430617

And I'll tell you right here & now - it better be a good explanation - or this thread will disappear and you'll get a nice long vacation.

I'll give you 1 day to explain yourself - and the clock is ticking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.