Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
... mine is conservatively under 8 sec. and a lot depends on variables. While driving, I found that I get a much more active car when running in 3rd gear. I further wonder, whether the "TOW" mode is not actually a "sport" mode in disguise. The automatic holds the gear longer and fetches them earlier ... what do you all think?

·
Registered
200 Posts
7.88 as listed by Edmunds, and I read a review in which they got 7.5ish. I was pretty happy about that until my buddy showed me his new Dodge Magnum with the Hemi that's doing 6.25ish. It's even more neck-snapping than my Commander.. :(

·
Registered
32 Posts
Friend of mine said that Car and Driver had it at 7.2. He was shocked because that is the same for his Audi A4 2.0 Turbo, also for the now ricer civic Si

·
Registered
77 Posts
I just would like to add that +/- 0.5 sec is to be expected under so many different conditions. I have timed my cars on and off over the years. The available grip, loads etc will make a difference in one car, let alone between all of our Hemis.
Jangy's: "mine hauls!" should be enough a la Rolls Royce :)

·
Registered
209 Posts
I can definitely notice a difference from the 4.7 Durango I traded in on the Commander...much quicker truck even though it weighs more then the Durango did. So glad I got the hemi even though the 4.7 is a good motor.

·
Registered
57 Posts
TR4Runner said:
Are you sure he was even trying?

BTW, racing SUVs is retarded. Especially on the street.
I agree, steet racing :eek: with any vehicle isn't a real good idea in the best of conditions. We have the hemi, but got the hemi for the power when we need it and the pulling power.:) And besides I am past the racing stage in my life.:D. But I have noticed how effortless and un-noticable the XK gets up to 90 on the freeway.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Funny that you would preach to another forum member about street racing and in the same post casually mention driving 90mph on the freeway.

I am not passing judgement on either of you; just making a comment. Enjoy your Commander.

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
Just want to see everyone stay safe out there..... an out-of-control Commander is a 2 1/2 ton disaster waiting to happen.

Wanna see how fast that hemi is? Take it to the local drag strip.

·
Registered
57 Posts
samax8 said:
Funny that you would preach to another forum member about street racing and in the same post casually mention driving 90mph on the freeway.

I am not passing judgement on either of you; just making a comment. Enjoy your Commander.
I never meant to imply that going 90mph is a good idea, in fact I felt uncomfortable untill I slowed back down. I just made comment on how it can happen without noticing. At the time I was on my way down to OKC driving in the wide open spaces of Utah with no one around for literally miles. I was observing all the scenic beauty around me, and the first thing I noticed that I was going faster than I thought. It wasn't like I was going from 0-90. The speed limit was 75.

I don't feel as though I was preaching to anyone I was just agreeing that street racing is not a real good idea. (IMHO)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts