Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 commander and I seem to be having issues with the blower fan. The fan recently stopped working and we had to replace the resistor with temperature control but now the fan only runs at 1 speed regardless of the speed selection. When I turn off the fan, it actually speeds up and the blender doors in the vents shut. Does anyone have an idea?

·
Registered
180 Posts
This is since you replaced the blower resister? It sounds like an issue that was common on the WJ. For some reason the aftermarket blower motor resistors came wired incorrectly and two of the three wires in the blower motor plug were reversed leading to this issue. I haven't heard of that on this generation, but it sounds like the same issue. You might try swapping the wires around in the plug and seeing if you don't solve the problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked the voltage coming through the wires to the resistor. The blue wire has 12v. The purple wire's voltage change with the speed selection but at the most is .1V . The black/green wire doesn't seem to have any voltage going through it. Does that sound right for the purple wire? I would think that it should be a higher voltage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts