Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install air intake, exaghust and boost horse power on my 3.7 V6 4x4 Basic. Anyone have any good pointers and brands to go with. This will be my first time adding to my jeep so i can use all the help i can get. Sacramento area..

·
Registered
444 Posts
You could always drop in a 4.7L or a 5.7L modification. Is a simple plug and play operation. You could probably do it yourself on a weekend with a few basic hand tools. You'll find a horsepower gain of 100-170 Hp for just a few dollars.

Seriously though. Flomaster or magnaflow exhaust and an Airaid intake. if you are planing to go offroad, just swap out your filter for a K&N. With an aftermarket cone shaped filter in the engine compartment, you'll have a good chance of sucking in water if you like to play in it all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So dont get the K&N air intake system? do they make airaid for 06 commander? How

How do i upgrade to a 4.7 or 5.7? Is the quadratrack I system good for climbing hills. Would you recommend anti slip?

You could always drop in a 4.7L or a 5.7L modification. Is a simple plug and play operation. You could probably do it yourself on a weekend with a few basic hand tools. You'll find a horsepower gain of 100-170 Hp for just a few dollars.

Seriously though. Flomaster or magnaflow exhaust and an Airaid intake. if you are planing to go offroad, just swap out your filter for a K&N. With an aftermarket cone shaped filter in the engine compartment, you'll have a good chance of sucking in water if you like to play in it all.

·
Administrator
15,206 Posts
How do i upgrade to a 4.7 or 5.7? Is the quadratrack I system good for climbing hills. Would you recommend anti slip?
Dude, he wasn't being serious. You can't do that.:shocked:

·
Administrator
15,206 Posts

·
Administrator
15,206 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just go play around without any mods. Avoid the hardcore trails - you need a lift, big tires, and a two speed transfer case.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I hope I didn't scare Bobby9 away. I had no idea about any real performance mods for a 3.7L and no one was responding to his thread... thought I'd try to keep it alive until someone else saw it.

·
Administrator
15,206 Posts
I hope I didn't scare Bobby9 away. I had no idea about any real performance mods for a 3.7L and no one was responding to his thread... thought I'd try to keep it alive until someone else saw it.
...................:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: <-----Hey look they're all coordinated !

·
Registered
444 Posts
Is that for me? Thank you, thank you very much, you are too kind.
I'll be here all week... hope to see you all here again for my next show.

·
Registered
38 Posts
good and capable

I've taken my 06 w/ QTI through a few national forest trails and what not and its never slipped a beat. I was challenged by some guy in a Toyota FJ cruiser to climb up a pretty steep muddy rutted hill near Lake Elsinor. Well i heard him drop into low and he went right up. so i followed and basically at the steepest part i lost momentum but the QTI system kicked in and crawaled me up with lil slippage... the whole time goin up my g/f was saying we'er not gonna make it, but i just told her its a jeep it made for this... so i got to the top and told the guy about not having low and what not and he was surprised i made it. so yea its good just don't expect miracles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
WOW thanks yall. ok im getting the air intake and exaughst. lift will come after. Anyone know of kind trails in the sacramento area? Sheesh upgrade to 4.7 I fell for it...

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
WOW thanks yall. ok im getting the air intake and exaughst. lift will come after. Anyone know of kind trails in the sacramento area? Sheesh upgrade to 4.7 I fell for it...
Glad you didn't get scared away. There's a thread on upgraded exhaust with sound bites that was just started a few days ago. You might want to check that out. And there are other threads about upgrading the 3.7. I haven't paid much attention to but they should be good for you to check out. Welcome to the forum and to Jeep land.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts