Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just went to the dealership this weekend and they have a Jeep Commander 4.7 V8 fully loaded without the DVD player for $36.5k out the door. The sticker price was $42k. The Commander is not a demo and only has 30 miles on it.

I'm not experienced when it comes to purchasing new vehicles so I wanted to know if this is a good deal?

Thanks!

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
Offer him $32K and see if he goes for it! You'll probably be able to get a deeeeeep discount with all the excess supply sitting on the lots!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You're right. It's a buyer market right now. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Offer $32K.... I got nearly 10K off my 06, $34K down to $25K, plus $1500 over market value on my trade. So I guess you could say I got $10500 off MSRP..... Let them know your serious, clomp out the check book and tell them you will buy right now at that price. If they dont take it, smile big and comfortable and tell them to have a nice day and your sorry they arent interest in selling a car today. They may scramble behind you ;-) My dealer put their smoothest finance rep up to his hocus pocus to get me to add all kinds of insurance, paint sealant, free oil change packages, pre purchase service, extended warranties..... He was all red and sweaty and peeved after my consecutive 9 NO THANK YOU's and big smile of course... LOL. New car dealers hate me ;-) BUT I LOVE MY COMMANDER

·
Registered
473 Posts
when we bought our 26T we played the game for 2 weeks. i drove the one they had on the lot and went back 2 or 3 times. each time i tried to get a sweeter deal and the best i could get was $27,000 with a $32,000 sticker. i did get about $1000 more than i expected on my 99 durango.
this was a 3.7L basic 26T with the command view sunroof.

this was back in march so maybe they wouldn't go any lower because they were in short supply then. it seems like they started offering better deals right after i bought mine. thats the story of my life.:(

·
Registered
5 Posts
I paid 32.5 for a 06 Limited Commander w/Nav/Chrome Wheels/Inferno Red Paint and a Hemi 5.7. So you shoud be able to do it as well. Start off even lower 30.5K is where I started. I did also got the 8yr/80K maximum care extended for only @1500.00 more with a $100 deductible. After reading this forum, I wanted to be ready for repairs.... I have 2000 miles on and the Service 4WD light just came on like I've read about on others. I had a Lexus Rx300 prior to this and trust me, I had my share of repairs on that vehicle as well so it's not just American cars with repair issues. (Although Lexus service was A+++...you paid for it too though).

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
The sale price on the Limited 4.7 V8 is $32,999 because of the rebates and it doesn't qualify for the 0% 72 month financing.:mad: Sticker price is $44k and out the door price with the financing deal is $40k. IMHO that's pretty steep.

I'll probably hit up another dealership and try all your suggestions. I know this is off topic but would you suggest picking up a Hemi if I do not plan to tow?

Jeepdoc did you go with 0% financinig?

Thanks!

·
Registered
46 Posts
We got our 5.7 Hemi Limited 4x4 for $28,990 and didn't have to do any sweet talking. The MSRP was 43,000. The issue with this commander is that it went to a dealer got hail damage and was sent back for repairs to DMC. Once the repairs were made it was put out to auction. When we bought it had 657 miles on it thanks to it being drove from the auction. The paperwork that we have shows that DMC got it back with just 10 miles on it. This model has everything except the bluetooth and DVD which aren't that big of deals to us at this point.

The only thing that sucked is that they didn't consider the vehicle new even though it hadn't been tagged/titled so we weren't eligible for 0% financing and the warranty was only good for what remained on the 36,000. We ended up purchasing the extended 5/100,000.

We love our commander in the 2 weeks that we have had it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OKCommander that's a steal!

I do not plan to do a trade-in and I'm asking for the Commander Hemi fully loaded at $34k and after taxes and license it would come out to $36.5k. MSRP is $44k and the dealers invoice is $41k. Do you think I'm asking too much of a discount from the dealer?

Thanks

·
Registered
258 Posts
are you getting a hemi or a 4.7 for 36.5?

36.5 is a rip off if youre getting the 4.7 v8.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They want to sell me a Limited Hemi fully loaded for $40k out the door. The dealer showed me the invoice and it's $41k. I want to purchase it out the door for $36.5k. Do you think that possible? I am not trading in any vehicle either.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I forgot to mention I also live in Northern California. Vehicles usually cost more here than other places in California and out of state. :( I'm desperate to know if I'm really asking for too much of a discount.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I still think 36 is too much for a fully loaded JC. But I am a poor bastard who got a 4.7 because that was all I could afford.

The best bet is to compare the vehicle you want to the others in its class, by price and features, and then make you best decision.

·
Registered
14 Posts
We bought the 4.7L Limited Inferno Red- all options- 4WD, tow, sunroof, uconnect, saddle brown leather, nav, satellite radio etc. except infotainment system- with employee pricing and extra 2k discount we got ours for 32400. It had 60 miles when we bought it.

·
Registered
258 Posts
32 is way better. See if you can get them at 30k. Keep walking out the door, they will make you an offer.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Okay guys thanks for the words of affirmation. I will be persistent with the dealers and see what I can walk away with. I keep dreaming about owning one.:D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me, I picked up the wifes new Commander on Monday the 25th, 28U Package, Sunroof, 4.7 liter QT II, Nav, Sat, leather and rear A/C, Class IV Hitch...they added a 5yr 100k BUMPER to BUMPER warranty, paint sealer and spray on bedliner material underneath the vehicle, ttl out the door 35K, Sticker was 39K

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mardi Gras said:
Sounds like a good deal to me, I picked up the wifes new Commander on Monday the 25th, 28U Package, Sunroof, 4.7 liter QT II, Nav, Sat, leather and rear A/C, Class IV Hitch...they added a 5yr 100k BUMPER to BUMPER warranty, paint sealer and spray on bedliner material underneath the vehicle, ttl out the door 35K, Sticker was 39K
Mardi Gras - Did you get the 0% Financing or the $3500 cash back?

Thanks!

·
Registered
31 Posts
SF_JEEP said:
Mardi Gras - Did you get the 0% Financing or the $3500 cash back?

Thanks!

I did the 0%, cant beat free money, the local dealer also threw in 1500.00 in consumer cash that does not become valid until after the 39th month of ownership.....

1 - 20 of 39 Posts