Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was recently rear-ended and am now having issues with the navigation system.. most specifically "cd error".. the cd that was playing must have been shifted on impact which is causing issues...

since i might need the system replaced are there any upgrade options? for example, would the newer version mygig navigations fit on the older model? or any other ideas?

appreciate any help!
thanks!

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
I was recently rear-ended and am now having issues with the navigation system.. most specifically "cd error".. the cd that was playing must have been shifted on impact which is causing issues...
Have you tried removing the suspect CD and replacing it?

since i might need the system replaced are there any upgrade options? for example, would the newer version mygig navigations fit on the older model? or any other ideas?
In the past, Chrysler kept the interface pretty standard, any radio from a certain range of years would fit and plug and play with no problem.

Now, they have added so many features to the radios, its likely NOT that easy for all the radio now. Might have to go to the dealer parts counter and talk with them about what radios will work with your vehicle. Maybe look at the Mopar Catalogue and see if it gives any clues for radio compatibility.

You can often find OEM radios being sold on Ebay, from folks that replaced their OEM radio with aftermarket. That is usually the cheapest way to pick up another OEM radio, although it would be slightly used.

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
If you were rear ended and the other party accepted liability, you should tell the adjuster. They may give you something towards it or replace it. I was rear ended recently the other ins went out of their way to make me happy because it was their clients fault, just a suggestion..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts