Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have 06 Limited XK, replacing LCD screen on REC this weekend. Like the lockpick but not the price, nor do i want the video to work while in motion but would like to be able to enter addresses while in motion, is there an easier, less expensive (than the lockpick) to accomplish this?
I also would like to know the best way to use an iPod through the REC unit, and is there a hook up that would allow the use of steering wheel controls? Thank you for any and all input...

·
Registered
123 Posts
as for the in motion question well if you search the net you will find some hacks that you can apply to a copy of the nav disc and it lets you input addresses while your driving and more..
i have an 06 and have the 06 nav disc and didnt wanna pay for a updated disc so i found a in motion hack dvd on the net (check your source to make sure you have the right thing ) the disc is the AI version and it works great! it updates the firmware inside the rec and then you have the newest map too! forgot to say the dvd is a 8.5gb dual layer!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
great

great info, thank you. I will look for that hack DVD, where did you find? or what exactly did you search? Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
15,101 Posts
great info, thank you. I will look for that hack DVD, where did you find? or what exactly did you search? Thank you!
Sometimes they are on ebay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts