Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couple questions, any and all feedback is appreciated. Been reading and searching for a while now.

Got 1 mile from home this afternoon when I heard what turned out to be the passenger front lower control arm snap off. Here are some questions.

See the photos for reference. The intact control arm bolted to body is the drivers side.

-What would cause this? The failure point seems strange but possibly caused by rusted bolts. Living in Texas, rust isn't must of an issue.

-Part number on the bolts? Link to parts online would also work. I'll be calling dealer first thing in the morning.

-Hoping this is just needing to replace and reattach the arm to the body. Any other worries as a result? I dont think I need to replace the entire lower control arm.

thanks
MD

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
Because your XK is raised suspension solicited more, I think it is the fatigue of materials and just put the right bolts and tighten.
Do the same thing on the other side.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I see in your signature that you have the 4" Superlift. Did the LCA come disconnected on one of the "drop down" SL brackets?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Another reason I kind of like my current setup. The LCA mounts above the cross member so this couldn't happen. Just get the old bolts out and put new grade 8 bolts in. Both sides

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is the bolt part number - 6101984 MOUNTING LCA TO CRADLE REAR

Answers:
Yes, the LCA come disconnected on one of the "drop down" SL brackets.

Agreed and yes, fatigue of materials and just put the right bolts and tighten.
Do the same thing on the other side.

Ok-Just get the old bolts out and put new grade 8 bolts in. Both sides

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks again for the replies. Luckily, nothing was bent and everything bolted up just fine. Total cost $20, back on the road.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts