Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone else recieve this recall for thier 07/08 Commander in the mail?

SAFETY RECALL G35 – FRONT BRAKE CALIPERS
Dear: (Name)
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle
Safety Act.
Chrysler LLC has decided that a defect, which relates to motor vehicle safety, exists in some 2007 and 2008
model year Jeep® Grand Cherokee and Commander vehicles.
The problem is... The front brake calipers on your vehicle (VIN: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) may have
been improperly manufactured and could break under certain operating
conditions. This could increase the vehicle’s stopping distance and cause a crash
without warning.
What your dealer
will do...
Chrysler will repair your vehicle free of charge (parts and labor). To do this, your
dealer will inspect the front brake calipers and replace them if necessary. The work
will take about an hour to complete. However, additional time may be necessary
depending on service schedules.
What you must
do to ensure your
safety...
Simply contact your dealer right away to schedule a service appointment.
Remember to bring this letter with you to your dealer.
If you need help... If you have questions or concerns which your dealer is unable to resolve, please contact
Chrysler at 1-800-853-1403.
Please help us update our records, by filling out the attached prepaid postcard, if any of the conditions listed
on the card apply to you or your vehicle.
If you have already experienced this condition and have paid to have it repaired, you may send your original
receipts and/or other adequate proof of payment to the following address for reimbursement: Chrysler P.O.
Box 4639 Oak Ridge, TN 37831, Attention: Reimbursement.
If your dealer fails or is unable to remedy this defect without charge and within a reasonable time, you may
submit a written complaint to the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New
Jersey Ave., S.E., Washington, DC 20590, or call the toll-free Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236
(TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to http://www.safercar.gov.
We're sorry for any inconvenience, but we are sincerely concerned about your safety. Thank you for your
attention to this important matter.
Customer Services Field Operations
Chrysler LLC
Notification Code G35
Note to lessors receiving this recall: Federal regulation requires that you forward this recall notice to the lessee within 10 days.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I havent gotten ANY recall letters on my Commander. It is an early 2,007 model (delivered in February). john

·
Registered
37 Posts
I got my recall today. The car goes in next Thursday for a "caliper inspection" and they will order new ones of they need too.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I haven't gotten one yet...I'm taking my Jeep in for an oil change and 15K service in a week or two...should I ask them to address any recalls? I'm not the original owner.

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
AlphaSig293 said:
I haven't gotten one yet...I'm taking my Jeep in for an oil change and 15K service in a week or two...should I ask them to address any recalls? I'm not the original owner.
Yes, ask them to check on recalls for your vehicle. If it is on recall the notification probably went to the original owner. The recall notice usually says to forward to the new owner but that most likely won't happen.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
note: This is the 07/08 model so it does not effect the 06 yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Recall completed yesterday

Brake recall completed yesterday. Received letter a week ago and dealer actually called me to schedule before I had a chance to call them! Not bad.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have noticed reciently that "Click" at about 20 MPH. I drop the trans into "N" and brake. Sure enough "CLICK" coming to a stop. It sounds like the pads are shifting. Not happy its the brakes, but I am happy its not the QDII !!! Car goes in on Thursday.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Der Commander said:
Brake recall completed yesterday. Received letter a week ago and dealer actually called me to schedule before I had a chance to call them! Not bad.
Did you hear any noise from your breaks?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
update, took the commander in earlier this morning, everything is fine w/ the calipers. I was amazed how quickly I was in/out of the dealer in addition to doing the recall for the brake computer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts