Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If this has already been addressed, sorry for the repetition.

I went to the dealer to install the ipod integration harness (not uconnect or whatever that $800 part is) and apparently mopar quit making this part and they can't locate one in any dealership in the country.

Does anyone know of an alternative part that will allow me to play my ipod (not just FM transmission) as well as charge while it's hooked up?

Note: Mopar still makes this harness for 08 and newer commanders, just not 07 back.

Part Number: 82209617AF
Will retrofit back to AD and AE

thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Get the LockPick or similar adapter that will direct connect the iPod to the radio's AUX port. Crutchfield has a good selection of them, and they'll keep your satellite radio functioning properly if equipped.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Get the LockPick or similar adapter that will direct connect the iPod to the radio's AUX port. Crutchfield has a good selection of them, and they'll keep your satellite radio functioning properly if equipped.
I think the LockPick only works with 08-onward commanders. I don't think my commander has the mygig radio - though I'm not really sure. the Lockpick website says 08-

·
Super Moderator
14,912 Posts
I think the LockPick only works with 08-onward commanders. I don't think my commander has the mygig radio - though I'm not really sure. the Lockpick website says 08-
Which head unit do you have ?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Which head unit do you have ?
How do I tell? I have the DVD player in the back, a backup camera... it's sirius compatible but the subscription isn't active...

It's a limited model

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
You have the REC NAV head unit. You can buy an AUX or iPod/AUX adapter as I suggested above. You only need the LockPick for adding a backup camera and overriding the NAV restrictions.

·
Super Moderator
14,912 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
If you're only interested in iPod integration, you might consider getting a Parrot which would probably be cheaper and will give you bluetooth for your phone.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 10 of 10 Posts