Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just bought an '07 Commander Limited a few days ago and to my surprise there's no AUX jack. I did some searching around the forums, but it seems that all the threads I was able to find are years old. Just curious if anybody has found a solution to this problem? Not really sure what my options are. Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: Not opposed to Bluetooth or USB options either.

·
Super Moderator
5,796 Posts

Is this the radio you have Harg? You don't have the little AUX jack in the lower right hand corner?

This is the exact same radio I have in my 2008 XK Sport.

Not only does it have the AUX Jack in the lower right hand corner, it also has a USB port right above it you should be able to plug your I-Phone into and download music to the radio's HDD.

·
Super Moderator
5,796 Posts
My 06 does not have the aux jack I believe the 07 was the same then it changed in 08.
I was not aware that was a change made in 08.

Not really a big deal for me, I don't use it anyway; that's what the CD player and satellite radio is for.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unfortunately my radio doesn't look like that. Maybe I'll contact my local Jeep dealer and see if they have any affordable options.

·
Super Moderator
5,796 Posts
Unfortunately my radio doesn't look like that. Maybe I'll contact my local Jeep dealer and see if they have any affordable options.
I don't see why you couldn't just find a re-conditioned 08 radio like the one I showed you, and put it in your 07.

Should be simple enough.

·
Super Moderator
5,796 Posts
I don't think that is a plug and play option. Need to do some research.
I don't think it would be very difficult......maybe some slight modifications, different wiring harness connectors might need to be spliced in, or some kind of adapter - but it should be pretty straight forward I would imagine.

·
Registered
147 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
I added one of these:
https://smile.amazon.com/iSimple-Factory-Interface-Chrysler-Vehicles/dp/B003E3KRLM/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1482796226&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=isimple+jeep+commander

Then they changed to the lightning plug and I had to buy an adapter to go for 30 pin to lightning.
This looks like the best option. Retrofitting the 08-10 MyGig radio will require a Lockpick, which is an expensive investment. The only other option, if you have the rear VES, is to simply get an RCA to 3.5mm adapter and select the rear source. However, this tends to cut out between songs.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Pac-Audio Makes all this stuff. I've done this on 3 older Chryslers now.

I think on the Nav unit, you'll lose XM satellite radio - but's part "PAC AAI-CHY Dual Auxiliary Audio Input For 2005+ Chrysler Vehicles".

Just picked up a used one on Ebay for $40.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts