Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 07 stock Boston acoustic system. The front and rear door speakers just stopped working leaving only the dash speakers with audio. System never gets abused with high volume levels so I’m thinking not blown speakers. Was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and could help with troubleshooting.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
I hope for you member Meatball sees your post.
He is the resident audio go to guy.
WAG on my part and maybe another member can chime in but I think only the door speakers are amplified on the BA system.
Again, memory here, amp is located in the left (drivers side) 1/4 panel.
I believe it can be seen by removing the cup holder junk box that is snapped in back there.
Maybe it is fused independently....Does the owners manual show a seperate fuse in any of the diagrams for the amp?

Hope I'm not sending you in the wrong direction,

Rob

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
When I got my commander the front left speaker was not working. I took it to the dealer they couldnt find the problem. They said they needed to keep for a few days to look for a short somewhere in the dash. I couldnt leave it that day. So that weekend I went under the dash and saw a wiring harness behind the fuse box. The fuse box is very rough cut steel box. The harness was rubbing against the back of the box and causing the short. May or may not be your problem. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts