Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi, i own a 07 jeep commander, recently ordered 24" wheels which came with 305/35/24 but it rubs on the outside of fender on either direction....

send back and get smaller tires if yes what size?
body lift?
suspension lift?

i appreciate for all the input and suggesions in advance.

when i turn right this happens

when i turn left this happens

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Looks good, just don't turn the wheel.

A 2" lif might give you enough to clear the outside, but it will probably still rub the inside. Someone with the screen name dh had steamrollers on his, but I can't remember what he did to make them fit. Do a search for dh and check all of his posts.

Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Your definately going to need either a 2 ich lift, smaller wheels (22's) or major triming of the fender wells/fender flares!

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
I suggest smaller wheels, maybe a 17"? LOL JK The 24's are not my style but they would most likely fit with a 2" or even the 3.5" kit

·
Registered
101 Posts
Oh... the horror, the horror...

:killtard:

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
If only they were a little bigger we could have had another donk commander.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Those are some really nice looking wheels, they are (stating the obvious) too large.

I think aesthetically, when going larger on the XK, 22" is realistically the largest to go, with 20" looking real nice.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I understand your want for "baller" status, but 20" would look fine....if you want the bigger rims a 2"lift with 1.5" spacers and you shouldn't have a problem...except for spending too much on "rims" & tires...imo

·
Registered
480 Posts
Figure out the tire diameter using an online calculator, check the sticky section in the tires and suspension forum and you find your answer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i have been lookin for 24s and the best fit suggested with out rubbing would be a 275/30R24 tire those should look great and not rub!

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
The style of the wheels look pretty sweet on there- too bad the size is an issue.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts