Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm just getting started do a bunch of upgrades. So far I have Westin Ultimate Bull bars put on. Let me know what you think about them I think they look like somethings wrong. Kinda low I think. BFGOODRICH 285-70-17 MUD TERRAIN KM2 on Factory wheels, No its not lifted yet. Custom 1.75 spacers. Next thing to do is wire my westin lights on the bull bar. I have rain gaurds that I custom painted to match the color of the jeep. They just need cleared tonight then I will put them on tomorrow. Lift kit hasent came yet. I went with the 2" daystar kit. Should be on by the weekend. Im gonna post some pictures what it looks like so far then more on monday.

Im new to the forum I just joined today.

·
Super Moderator
14,939 Posts
07Commando said:
How do I post Pictures?
You have to have 4 posts before you can post pics.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Commando,

Sounds like you are jumping right into it with bad azz tires and a lift. Very nice! I would imagine that you are having all sorts of rubbing issues with the 285s and no lift (yet).

The bull bar does look low compared to the Mopar bar but I'm thinking that it's covering the lower half of your radiator which is what you want protected if you drive into a small gully or ditch out on the trail.

Slainte'
O'C

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No the tire dont rub at all even with no lift. I have 1.75" spaces. Now I wish I would have waited to buy tires. I prolly could of fit 33's once its lifted. I wanted to get Nitto Mud Grapplers.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Sorry to bust your bubble but those are not 285/70R17s. They are definately 245/70R17's especially since you said youd like 33's with the lift. 285/70 are just under 33's and they rub with a 4 inch superlift.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Those tires with a 1" front end lift would be awesome, and still be able to fit in the garage.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Nice pics, Go to photobucket.com and create an account then you will be able to post full size photos for all to enjoy!

·
Registered
456 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
07JeepXK said:
Sorry to bust your bubble but those are not 285/70R17s. They are definately 245/70R17's especially since you said youd like 33's with the lift. 285/70 are just under 33's and they rub with a 4 inch superlift.

No they are 285-70-17's I just put them on today. Bought em at tire rack $218 each. Also the Overall Diameter is 32.7 for the BFG'S. The nitto mudgrapplers Overall Diameter is 33.45

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
07Commando said:
No they are 285-70-17's I just put them on today. Bought em at tire rack $218 each. Also the Overall Diameter is 32.7 for the BFG'S. The nitto mudgrapplers Overall Diameter is 33.45
Ok then take a picture of the sidewall where it says what size they are. A member here just lifted his Commander with the 4 inch superlift and has rubbing with 285/70R17 BGF MudTerrain KM2's. There is no way you have 285's and arnt rubbing on a stock Commander.

Thats also the same size Phunkeydude has with the 4 inch superlift, extra spacers to provide more lift and he also trimmed his fender well.

·
Registered
248 Posts
FIGHT!! Okay actually I think they COULD be 285/70/17s but he will totally get some rubbing once he's driven it some more. If he's driving really gently there might not be noticeable rub until he actually drives the thing. Those tires and that bull bar do look bad ass though!

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
FIGHT!! Okay actually I think they COULD be 285/70/17s but he will totally get some rubbing once he's driven it some more. If he's driving really gently there might not be noticeable rub until he actually drives the thing. Those tires and that bull bar do look bad ass though!
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD THREAD!
He probably wore those tires out by now....yuk yuk!

Rob

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD THREAD!
He probably wore those tires out by now....yuk yuk!

Rob
X2, not to mention that the OP's last activity was over a year ago! Still I doubt he was running 285's

·
Registered
248 Posts
Awwww snap! I searched for "firestone" I think and this was one of the more recent threads. MY BAD.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts