Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was doing some research and couldn't find any pictures of a XK with 07 JK Rubicon wheels. Well, I found one thread that had a set of pictures but I can't make up my mind off of that. They are 17" with 5x5 bolt pattern. May be there is a reason why no one has these on their XK. From what I have read you need wheel spacers, is that true?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Yes you need wheel spacers to run those wheel. There is a lip in the inside of the wheel that wont clear our calipers. There are tons of members here on the forum running the JK Rubicon Moab wheels. Search for a49erfans XK or Getlost4x4's XK. Those are two off the top of my head that have or had Rubi wheels.

·
2,248 Posts
They used to be fairly easy to find, maybe still are. I gave Ross (Get lost 4X4) a set and gave away a set at the Camp Commander year before last and as I recall Ped won them.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
I have seen that a lot of people want rubi wheels. Is there some benefit with the rubi wheels? Or is it just looks?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have seen that a lot of people want rubi wheels. Is there some benefit with the rubi wheels? Or is it just looks?
I dont know about others, but to me I like the looks of them. I wanted them for my Cherokee for the longest time but could never find ones that were local enough to me or for a decent price. I ended up getting a nice set of Ravine wheels for the Cherokee and love them just the same.

·
Registered
417 Posts
There are lots of them out there because of Wrangler owners upgrading - so it's not hard to get a good price. I got my set of 5 with 60% treead remaining on 4 of the tires for $400. Paid another $100 for the spacers. Both Craigslist purchases.

Also, I have my stockers still if I want a quieter ride and better economy for any reason.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I also got a set of 5 off of CL - but only wanted the tires since I had bought AEV wheels - the tires had 18/22's of tread left, sold the wheels only back on CL for $150. So you should be able to find them.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. I found a pair on another forum, he wants $200 for them. THey have 60,000 miles on them with a few scratches. THe pictures don't look like they are in that bad of shape. He lives about 15-20 minutes away from me so the pick up wouldn't be bad at all. I might just keep looking to see if I can find them for a little cheaper and in better shape. I still don't know if I want to part with the stock wheels for the rubi's. But I also have some spacers on the way too.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
I just didn't know if they were a stronger rim or better for off road use. But it makes sense now. thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts