Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week had to replace front windshield due to rock damage and for the life of us, cannot remember if the top of the windshield was tinted!!! Replacement shield does not have tint, and it doesn't look right. But before we rattle the cage, could someone verify? We have the Hemi, DVD, etc, but no rivets around wheel wells.:bowdown:

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Do you have the rain-sensing wipers ?

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
yes,according to invoice
It's easy to tell -- is there a small square black box attached to the upper middle part of the windshield ?

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Back to your original question. Yes, you should have some tint at the top of the windshield. Here is a pic of my '06 Limited.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Many thanks... we will see what we can do to get the proper windshield with the shade band.:):):):)
PS GREAT forum, we'll stick around!

·
Registered
953 Posts
My windshield with rain sensing wipers never had any tint at the top.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pix please-07 Hemi limited

Still can't find an online pix, or Commander in the flesh with a shade band of tint on windshield. Drove around dealerships over the weekend, no dice. All pix online--you just cannot tell if it has tint or not. Is anyone able to provide a close up shot of their windshield on this model with a shade band? Thanks!!!

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Still can't find an online pix, or Commander in the flesh with a shade band of tint on windshield. Drove around dealerships over the weekend, no dice. All pix online--you just cannot tell if it has tint or not. Is anyone able to provide a close up shot of their windshield on this model with a shade band? Thanks!!!
That is why I posted the pic of my Commander -- so you could see what it is supposed to look like.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Commanders do not have a tint strip at the top of the windshield. The windshields only have the blacked out areas across the top and dropping down in front of the mirror.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
The Commanders do not have a tint strip at the top of the windshield. The windshields only have the blacked out areas across the top and dropping down in front of the mirror.
Yeah, that is what I was referring to. It does look like tint though.

·
Registered
378 Posts
My 06 definitely has a tint strip at the top, but jeep5253's doesn't appear to have the same strip. My best guess is that it's either not factory, or an option.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
My 06 definitely has a tint strip at the top, but jeep5253's doesn't appear to have the same strip. My best guess is that it's either not factory, or an option.
Mine is the original factory windshield.

·
Registered
451 Posts
On the Phone with Safelite now. They replaced my windshield that had the blue shade band with one that does not. I want my shade band back!
My original looked like Briandl's and my new one looks like Jeep5253's.
They don't show it as an option.. They have to call around and see if it is still available...

·
Registered
451 Posts
They don't have it with the shadeband. grrr... Now to call the insurance company and see what to do about getting some tint or something installed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts