Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, dont wanna sound redundant but i need some help. i wanna install the mygig in my 07 that has the 6 disc fac radio. i got a lockpic v.2 already and i know about cutting the bezel. what i need to know is will my sirius work with it or do i need to update.dont ned back up cam, or u connect. bt is there anything else i need to know before i do this? thanks for the help

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Sirius is tied to the radio by a serial number so the lockpic should have no effect on it working.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
o yea thats true. that sux because i have to pay sirius to switch radios. i didn't think of that. thanks

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok so i got the mygig and everything works except the sirius radio. the sirius screen comes up but i cant change channels. i called sirius to hook it up but they couldnt get it to work. the factory radio i removed didnt have a sirius antenna plugged into it but it had sirius. how is it connected? how does the new mygig connect?

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
ok so i got the mygig and everything works except the sirius radio. the sirius screen comes up but i cant change channels. i called sirius to hook it up but they couldnt get it to work. the factory radio i removed didnt have a sirius antenna plugged into it but it had sirius. how is it connected? how does the new mygig connect?
For it to work it had to have an antenna.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats what i thought but there is no plug on the back of the original radio. there is a plug on the mygig though

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so i figured it out. the factory 6 disc in the 07 has an external transmitter for sirius(under rear passenger seat) the mygig has an internal transmitter. i had to unplug the old one and install a new antenna under the dash. works like a charm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts