Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
I'm new to the forum, and I apologize if a question like this has been addressed. I've been trying to search through old posts and haven't found much yet.

I recently purchased a 2007, 3.7 L Jeep Commander. I do a lot of long distance driving, and two things I'd really like to have in my Jeep are Bluetooth Capability and a hook up for my IPOD. I've done some searching on some sites and found replacments (with bluetooth, navigation screens/dvd and IPOD capability..etc) for $600. I'm not really looking for that much but its the only thing I've found for the 07 year. I have found some radios with bluetooth and IPOD connections for 2010 makes and newer for much cheaper. My question is are the radios for 2010 and 2007 models the same dimensions and basically plug and play? Or are there better radio options out there for what I'm after? I don't want to lose my steering wheel control functions, or the nice stock look of the Jeep. Just looking for something a little newer to meet some other needs of mine.

Thanks for the help.

- XKmFord09

·
Registered
809 Posts
If you can find one of these floating around online I've been very pleased with mine:

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10582&page=2

No steering wheel controls, but all the other features greatly outweighed that small downfall. It seems there's not many left out there, but I've seen them pop up on Ebay and Amazon from time to time for dirt cheap!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More Stero Questions

Here's a question. I currently have a 2007 with the RES 6 CD/AM FM/ Sat Radio. If I buy the 2009 stereo with the uconnect feature will it fit in my stock location and will it basically be a plug and play connection (besides having the dealer activate the uconnect). Or can I even get a newer (than 07) stock radio with the uconnect and MP3 feature and have it plug and play? They all look to be relatively the same size and dimension, I'm just concerned about wiring and etc?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts