Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 Overland which has the old REC unit. All of a sudden, the screen is NOT showing "INFO" about the CDs that are playing. This includes store bought and Mp3s.

One night all was fine...next morning nothing. I tried toggling the 'info' button...the screen then says "no info" or something like that. The track # and time are displaying...just no info on who/what.

Display still shows all text info for SAT and FM.

any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
14,916 Posts
I have an 07 Overland which has the old REC unit. All of a sudden, the screen is NOT showing "INFO" about the CDs that are playing. This includes store bought and Mp3s.

One night all was fine...next morning nothing. I tried toggling the 'info' button...the screen then says "no info" or something like that. The track # and time are displaying...just no info on who/what.

Display still shows all text info for SAT and FM.

any ideas?
Mine has never showed the CD info other than the track and time.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it should...if the CDs are coded with the song/artist info. Try selecting the info button.

Older CDs don't have it....burning new MP3s, you can select "txt" (or similar) that will code the info along with the song so it will display on any player that has that capability. I bet you know all this though. ;)

I can't figure it out...what changed...

Hmmmm

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ugh....no one has any ideas?

I messed with it this morning...no change. Next try is to remove all 6 discs and then re install them.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well...the damn thing cleared up all by its self.

Weird.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts