Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 217 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well since I live in an apartment and don't have a garage, this will be more like a build thread for the XK.

This picture was taken a few months after purchase, still bone stock.

The first real mod to the XK was the front tow hooks. For some reason I never took pictures of the install or the final product.

After that came the rear trailer hitch. I'm still trying to figure out why that wasn't an option on a $30,000 + vehicle that has a trail rated badge?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Not long after i finally got the XK over to the tint shop for some 20% tint on the two front windows. I think i paid about $60 dollars to get it done. Its not cheap here in MD.

After getting the windows tinted the commander stayed that way for a while. I wasnt to sure if i was actually going to go off road with it or not since it's a $30,000 + vehicle.

The next mod I almost forgot about. Ahmed, one of our forum members, was able to order me a 4.7 L badge from Saudi and sent it here to the U.S. This is by far one of my faveorite mods. I hated that stupid flex fuel badge on the rear lift gate.

Finally after owning it for about 7 months my little bother convinced me to take it in the mud in our back yard. Thats when i realized that i really didnt like traction control which led to this next mod.

With the help of you guys on the forums I installed a switch to manually turn on/off the traction control.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On Aug 2nd I was finally able to meet up with some of the guys on the forums on an off road trip to Wharton State Forest in NJ.

I had communication problems with my CB radio on the trip due to the garbage magnetic mount antenna I had so I installed a 4' fiberglass antenna on the rear of the XK.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After reading adamag25's thread on Quick Disconnects i decided to make this my next mod.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
About a week prior to the September 5-7 Off Road Trip in VA i happened to go online at work and noticed that Scrion4x4 had his 2 inch BDS lift for sale. I really didn't want to go with BDS lift but due to the price i really couldn't pass it up. After running that lift for a few weeks I absolutely love it and am glad I got it. Unfortunately since I was in a rush to get it installed prior to the Off Road trip I was unable to get pics of the install.

And of course a few pics from the trip to VA!

·
Registered
564 Posts
Nice pics... Waiting to see your next mod...

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
great job on your garage.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
I like your way of selecting mods, effective and not very costly. :) ... maybe you should add the 4.7L badge too.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh yeah, I forgot about the 4.7 L Badge that Ahmed sent from Saudi. Thats one of my faveorite mods. Ill have to see if i can dig up a picture and insert it in order. Thanks for reminding me!

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I found a picture of the 4.7 L badge and posted it in sequence. Thanks again Ahmed!

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Thanks for letting us into your "garage", you did a very nice job!

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You are welcome! Future mods consist of either 265/65R17 or 245/75R17 BFGoodrich All Terrains. Can't decide yet. I really want the 265's but due to the "not so normal size" they want almost $100 more per tire. I would go with a Mud Terrain but im going to wait until the next big mod comes. That would be a 4 inch superlift, with 275/70R17 Goodyear MTR's.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
I found a picture of the 4.7 L badge and posted it in sequence. Thanks again Ahmed!
No problem, I'm just happy that you enjoy it :)

Future mods consist of either 265/65R17 or 245/75R17
I prefer the wider 265 one, 245 looks small on the Commander aggressive style.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No problem, I'm just happy that you enjoy it :)

I prefer the wider 265 one, 245 looks small on the Commander aggressive style.

I hear what you are saying. A wider tire looks so much better especially on a lifted vehicle. I just dont know if i want to pay about $100 more per tire just to be a little wider.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
I hear what you are saying. A wider tire looks so much better especially on a lifted vehicle. I just dont know if i want to pay about $100 more per tire just to be a little wider.
$400 extra to get 265/65 over 245/75?!! thats alot,,, it doesn't worth it !

Side question, will 265/65/17 fit stock height?

·
Registered
189 Posts
$400 extra to get 265/65 over 245/75?!! thats alot,,, it doesn't worth it !

Side question, will 265/65/17 fit stock height?
I have Toyo 265/70 the whole set was $1100, and it definetly is worth it in my opinion. And they do not fit stock, they barely fit with my 2" lift, I had to shave the bolt on both front control arms and it still scrapes the fender when steering full right :ugh2: They've pulled me out of 7 inches of deep fresh mud and crank through snow. Really unecessary tires if you're not going offroad every weekend. The tread on it is also deep enough to last a great deal longer than most other tires. I've taken mine offroad 10+ times in some heavy stuff and they still have the new pokey hairs on the sidewalls.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Nice garage. Your XK is looking good! Keep them mods rolling!!!

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Noticed your title is "07JeekXK's Garage" would you like that changed to 07Jeepxk's Garage?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Noticed your title is "07JeekXK's Garage" would you like that changed to 07Jeepxk's Garage?
If you could do that I'd highly appreciate it!

1 - 20 of 217 Posts